Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #537


Hi everyone.  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Please join us as we endeavour to intentionally notice the blessings that come into our lives, big or small, and be grateful for them.  Taking note of our blessings no matter where we are in life, helps to keep our attitudes hopeful and positive.  It helps to lighten the load when we are going to through hard things.   When we practice it when things are going well, it develops a habit and then it is a bit easier to do it when life tries to shake us.  The blessings don't have to be earth shattering or life changing.  They can be as simple as the laughter of a child or a joke that made you belly laugh or the taste of that coffee first thing in the morning.

1.  Mojito mint iced tea.  Tetley teas were on sale last week at the grocery store and I saw this flavor and thought it would make great iced tea.  I like the freshness of it and the fact that I don't have to add a bunch of sugar to make it taste decent.

2.  Water fun with the kids.  Yesterday was a hot one for southern Alberta.  So we took the hose out and had some fun spraying and chasing the kids with water.  It was a great way to cool off and they do love to run around and shriek.  LOL.

3.  Cooling rain.  After the hot day yesterday, the rain rolled in to cool things off.  That was very welcome and I always love how it smells after a nice rain.  I did pull in the plants under the eaves though just in case some hail made it's way over to us.  There was an incredible lightning show happening outside as I typed this post.  The kind that lights up the room and makes everything rattle on the walls.  Are we supposed to turn off tvs and computers when a storm is that close?  Seems to me I've heard that before.  Yikes.

4.  Beautiful wedding.  Our niece's daughter (I guess that makes her our great niece?) got married on the weekend.  I've always had a special place in my heart for this girl.  She grew up in my dayhome until she went to grade 1.  She's an outdoorsy gal and hiker and her new hubby is a mountain climber so it was natural for them to have their wedding at mountain lodge.  Though only a handful of immediate family was invited to the ceremony, we were invited to the reception, dinner and dance.  It was lots of fun and so nice to celebrate the marriage of a wonderful young couple.  BTW, this was my dress that I figured matched the "mountain casual" dress code mentioned last week.



5.  observing.  Speaking of mountain casual, it was great fun for me to observe how everyone interpreted that.   There was everything from jeans with the kimono jackets so popular today and hiking type boots to lace dresses with ankle booties to maxi dress with bludstone boots and everything in between.  Such a simple thing to do but great fun for me.

What were your favorite blessings this week?





5 comments:

Faith said...

Oh ijust love mountain casual!!! You picked a great dress and boots for it!! And i LOVE your daughters boots!!! Claire has a similar pair. So fun!! If i could do things over, I'd skip the church ceremony and have it inmthe mountains. Gee....maybe we will celebrate our 30th that way next year. Ha!!

Love the sound of children playing and laughing with water.

Yay for refreshing rain after a hot day.

I love iced teas that don't need extra sugar!!! My fave right now is a raspberry one. Yummy!!!

Enjoy the weekend

Barbara Harper said...

Water play is so fun on a hot day. And rain is so welcome as well. What a lovely place for a wedding. I bet all the manifestations of "mountain casual" were interesting to see. The term makes me picture plaid shirts, bib overalls, and big floppy hats, at least here in the Appalachians. :-) Your dress looks really nice!

Karen said...

I love the picture of the three of you, and your dress is lovely. I can see it becoming a favorite for so many occasions.

I'm trying to eliminate sugar as much as possible, and not putting it in my iced tea is a big step for me. Mint sounds so refreshing and I have some growing in the backyard.

It sounds like your weather is similar to ours with those thunderstorms brewing. I think we both live the same distance from our Rockies? We're about 10 miles from where the foothills start and the mountains sure mess with weather patterns around here.

Enjoy your weekend, Susanne.

Wendy said...

Lovely picture of you. Glad you had a good time. We've had mixed weather as well this week but not warm enough to be needing the hose to cool down. Have a good weekend.

ellen b. said...

Mountain casual sounds real comfortable. What a good idea. Glad you could enjoy this special girls wedding! Hope you have a lovely weekend!