Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #532



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.   A place where we look for the blessings in our week and intentionally take note of them and are grateful for them.  Please join us.


1.  Reuse Rendevous ~  Our communities twice a year event.  It's a weekend where we can put things out onto the curb with a free sign and anyone can come by, take a look and take what they want for free.  It's a great way to recycle.  I've gotten disillusioned with trying to sell on marketplaces due to no shows and I'm not nuts about giving out my address anymore.  This is a nice way to still keep things out of the landfill, bless somebody else and avoid the pain of the buy and sells and I got another bunch of stuff out of the house that has been sitting around.

2.  "Annie" ~ Canadian Netflix is playing the 1982 version with Carol Burnett and Aileen Quinn at the moment and on a whim I watched it one night this week.  I haven't seen this version for many, many years.  When my kids were little the Kathy Bates and Victor Garber TV version is the one we used to watch.  I enjoyed a couple of hours of relaxation and nostalgia.

3.  Coffee ~ The last of the Costa Rican coffee I brought home is in the grinder and I've been enjoying every cup full.   Yummy coffee with great memories attached .

4.  Got my tub/shower back ~  Right before I went to Costa Rica the taps in our bathroom shower broke.  In order the replace them the whole tub surround had to be ripped out because we couldn't just purchase one panel relegating us to one tub/shower.  That was interesting when all the kids were here for Easter.  Apparently they don't make beige/bone/biscuit color anymore.  Sigh.  It was a huge job for my hubby and I am sure glad he tackled it and pushed through the frustration until it was done.

5.  Spring seems to be here ~ This week was pretty nice weather wise.  There was some nice spring rain and some sunshine.  I got some reading time in the sunshine outside.  Some of my spring perennials are flowering.  Hopefully spring has finally sprung here.


And of special note:  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there and any of you who take care of or pour into the lives of children in any way (teacher's, child care workers, sunday school workers etc).  You deserve to be pampered and made to feel special!



What have been your favorites this week?












6 comments:

Faith said...

I LOVE the quote!

We own thatmparticular Annie version....on video!!!!!!! My girls keep saying we need to find it on DVD .....my oldest is actually the "owner" but since my youngestmis the one who wanted us to keep the old video cassette player for when she's out in her own, they're gonna have to solve the problem of Courtney owning most of the movies on video. Ha! Glad you got to watch it. I personally think it's the best one.

Glad your tub is fixed.

Yay for good coffee and spring flowers blooming and books in the sun! I wrote about similar things.

Happy weekend and Happy Mothers Day! ( is that a thing in Canada? I can never remember)

Barbara H. said...

I love the Reuse Rendezvous idea! Isn't that crazy that shower repairs often require so much work!? Glad yours is finally done. And that spring seems to have arrived up there!

Wendy said...

The Reuse Rendevous sounds like a great idea. We have an annual jumble trail which sounds similar but things are usually for sale rather than free. Glad you got some spring weather and time to relax. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Is it Mother's Day in Canada?

Willow said...

Like Faith, I love that quote! And like Barbara, I love the idea of the Reuse Rendezvous.
Hurray that spring has arrived for you. I know it was really really slow this year. Soak up that sun and the flowers.
Happy Weekend and Mother's Day to you too.

ellen b. said...

Reuse Rendezvous...brilliant.
So glad you've got your tub/shower back! Fantastic.
Yippee for Spring.
Happy Mother's day to you dear Susanne!

Karen said...

Our community does a spring cleanup every year. We put stuff out at the curb and the city provides trash haulers to come and take anything that is left over. There usually isn't much, as a lot of people take things for reuse or recycle.

How nice to have a brand new bathtub.

Happy Mother's Day, Susanne!