Friday, May 03, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #531


Good morning everyone!  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Let's intentionally look for the blessings in our lives!  Being thankful is a developed habit and shapes our attitudes and perspectives.  Join us as we practice looking for the good blessings no matter where we are or what life is throwing at us at the moment.

1.  presentation:  My church had asked me to give a 10 minute presentation of the mission trip.  It was so nerve wracking trying to put something together.  How does one condense everything we saw and heard, and choose a couple dozen pictures out of the almost 1400?  What focus to take when there was so much that God was doing and we experienced?  Finally, I decided I would take them on a journey with the shoebox gifts once it leaves their hands, goes to the warehouse, onto planes, trains or boats and makes it to the country where it sits and waits to be given to the most special children.  Very prayerfully I put it together and prayed I would make sense and represent Jesus and Operation Christmas Child well.  After the presentation I got lots of nice feedback and everyone seemed excited to get to packing their shoeboxes this years with new understanding of the incredible impact they really have.

2.  help when needed:  In my lack of knowledge how things are done nowadays, I thought I just had to hand the overhead people a memory stick of the pictures I chose, but lo and behold everything has to be on powerpoint now.  Well this gal has no idea how to do powerpoint and when I found that out my young adult kids had already left from visiting on Easter.  I am so thankful the precious church administration secretary offered to do it for me.  I would have been really scrambling.  I know it put a whole bunch more work load on her and I am so thankful for the help.

3.  washer:  Last week my washer broke down.  I have now been without a clothes washer for a week and half.  In my household, I'm used to throwing a load in whenever it builds up to a load.  As our laundry baskets starts to overflow awaiting the parts to come in, I am reminded how blessed I am to have a washer in the house to use whenever I want.  That I don't have to drag my laundry somewhere to have it done.  That I don't have to stand at the machine feeding a wringer.  And that I don't have to scrub items on washboards.  It is such a gift to have these machines in our homes.

4.  books:  I am so thankful to have such easy access to reading materials and books.  My to be read piles are overflowing, and my library card is well used.   After my trip I am well aware that not everyone in this world is so blessed to have such easy access to books.

5.  prayer:  this week I am reminded to be thankful for prayer.  As I watch the app where our missions team is still communicating, it is so neat to watch others feel the freedom to  ask for prayer and then to have the privilege to prayer for others needs and requests.



I love this quote I found this week.  A good reminder about what the FFF is all about.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!





5 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

That sounds like a great perspective for your presentation! Praise the Lord for church secretaries! I don't know how to do a Power Point presentation, either. I know what you mean about washers and appliances. And books! We're so blessed.

Faith said...

Sounds like the presentation went well!! Yes praise God for washers IN our home, i do NOT miss dragging everything to the laundromat like i did for almost al of my 20s!! Hahaha
Love the power of prayer and books from the library!! FREE!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Wendy said...

I'm sure you did an excellent presentation and glad you got help with the powerpoint. Hope the washer gets fixed soon.

Willow said...

I love that last quote! So true!
I agree with being thankful for a washer. I might have kissed mine when we returned from living in Indonesia where laundry was probably like what you experienced on your trip.
Don't you love techie people? I'm so thankful for them!
Have a great weekend!

ellen b. said...

Good for you for doing the presentation! That was a nice gesture by the administration secretary for the help she offered. We have so much to be thankful for like washing machines! Amazing what we can afford. Hope you are having a good weekend, Susanne!