Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2019 Reading Challenge and Goals

This year, once again, my main goal is to work on getting the multitude of books that are already swamping my closet read and pared down.  Last year's goal setting really helped this along.  So I'm going to keep the skeleton of that and maybe refine it even more.  So for 2019 here are my goals.  I will add in the titles as I finish them because it was nice to see that list.  Even though my numbers were less than usual my goals were pretty much reached minus the library list book I missed in November.

2019 Reading Goals:
(books that crossover the sections will be astericked)

At least 2 books per month from my own piles.

          ~The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

6 non-fiction books (some of these will crossover with my own piles or library list)

At least 1 book per month from my library to read shelves 

6 review books

At least 2 rereads both for pleasure and to see if it's a book I still want to keep on my bookshelves

Book 3 in the Anne of Green Gables series










3 comments:

Wendy said...

I definitely need to tackle my TBR pile - it seems to be multiplying! Always good to have a challenge set out.

Barbara H. said...

I like setting reading goals too, while allowing for some flexibility. I need to add rereading to my goals - I have a whole list of books I'd love to reread but rarely get to because of so many other books on my shelf or TBR list.

Faith said...

neat concept! I LOVED the Anne of Green Gables series...my daughters not so much for some reason! weird because they love almost every other classic book!!

I'm just reading some non fiction this year that i've never read that other people have recommended. In fact, I found the CSLEwis one right at my library.

I tend to read alot of fiction on the best seller list or from fave authors or ones you've reviewed or that my sister Joy recommends. I don't buy books any longer other than Bible study ones or devotional ones that I know I want to keep and pass down to the girls. I get al lmy fiction from my sisters or the library.
How is Unshakeable Hope? i need a good small group book for this summer.

enjoy the evening!