Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #504



Welcome, everyone!  Are you ready to look for your blessings from the past week?  This is what we do at Friday's Fave Five.  We intentionally take time to take note of blessings, whether they be big or small.  Won't you join us?  This week my faves are all things autumn.  I love fall.

~ absolutely gorgeous weather ~  it has been beautifully warm and sunny all this week.  Definitely able to get some natural vitamin D time in.  We've been out morning and afternoon in either light hoodies/sweaters or in today's case, no coats at all.  Enjoying every second of it I can get.  Even Eddie was found catching a few rays in the afternoon warmth.



~ overnight magic ~  the Swedish columnar aspens in the back yard are always the last to turn color.  They've been mostly a light green with the odd reddish or brownish leaf floating down.  But this morning we were greeted with a wall of gold.  And against the blue of the sky it was just stunning.  Pictures don't do it justice.  God truly is an artist.  I'm thankful for eyes to see!



~ and speaking of leaves ~ I love everything about the fall leaves.  I love all the gorgeous colors.  I love when the wind blows and they are all falling off the trees and literally raining leaves.  I love the smell and the crunch of them.  I love the colorful carpet they make all over the lawn.  I love how raking them is so relaxing to me.  And I rake alot.  Sigh.

Ha.  I found this picture in my camera roll.  Must have accidentally taken it but how fortuitous for my post.  :)

~ hours of fun to occupy the kids ~ we have been out morning and afternoon and they can't get enough.  They have spent hours shoveling the leaves into piles, jumping into the piles, driving anything and everything with wheels through the piles, rolling in them and throwing them in the air.  And then I get to do my thing and re-rake them into piles and they all start again.  It's a win/win.



~ and to make my house smell nice ~  if I can't get enough fallish smell outside this is my favorite candle I'm burning inside of the house right now.  Love it.   Bright Red Gala Apple, Juicy Fig, Eucalyptus Leaf and Fir Balsalm.  Nice and fresh.

So there we go, everything fallish.  I love this season.  It's a feast for the senses.  What were your favorites this week?








11 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful yellow leaves and I am going to look for that Autumn scented candle. I like to light one when I get home from work so the house smells nice for the rest of the evening.

Faith said...

I love autumn too but of course i crave summer too. I guess i love all the seasons so am most thankful to live in the northeast where we get to experience all 4. We are having a mild autumn too and our colors are just at peak now!!

Yay for children playing outside!!! Love it.

And yay for balsam candles!!! I had a cinnamon going last night and usually have a balsam fir going from Dec-Sept. 😉 Gotta have my mountain scents all year round!!

Happy weekend Susanne!

Barbara H. said...

What a lovely post! So glad you've had great weather and many opportunities to get out in it! Those aspens are just gorgeous, especially against that beautiful blue sky.Although I am not as big a fan of raking, I do love the change of colors whether on the tree or the leaves carpeting the ground, and I love crunching them. So fun the kids had a chance to jump and play in them. I do sometimes get an "accidental" photo, too, but never one as good as that one.

susan said...

I LOVE your leaf photos. And how fun that your daycare kiddos get to play in and with them. Even as an adult I like to tromp through big piles of crunchy, leaves.
Your candle sounds enticing. I am going to have to find a lovely smelly for our home.
Eddie looks like he fits right in with your fall themed FFF.
Have a great week.

ellen b. said...

A wonderful feast for sure. Glad the weather is in your favor right now. Happy Friday and weekend to you, Susanne.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading about the children having such fun in the leaves. That simplifies your life also!! You sound like a wonderful care provider - someone who really cares about the children in your charge. --Ann (sorry, I'm having trouble with signing in, so am leaving comment as anonymous with my name just above)

Willow said...

Eddie is adorable! Love his relaxed look.
Those aspens are amazing! That is one thing we really don't get in SoCal--the beautiful fall leaves. I'm glad you can enjoy them, even all those leaves.

Karen said...

Wonderful post! I love fall, too (surprised?). The blue autumn sky is a perfect backdrop for all of those colorful trees. Love the picture of the little ones!

Wendy said...

We've been lucky with the weather this week too. I've had my Grandson and his parents staying all week which was lovely but meant I didn't get to post a Fave Five.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Autumn is my absolute favorite season.

nikkipolani said...

Goodness, your Eddie and my George could be cousins.

I don't think I've seen your magnificent aspens before -- WOW! They are in their full glory, aren't they?