1. Chickadee sighting. Though these have been a favorite little bird of mine in pictures, I don't think I have ever actually seen them. Then this week, when I turned into the back alley, there in the bushes of the corner house were two little chickadees bouncing around in the budding greenery. I was so excited but didn't want to scare them off so I didn't scramble for the phone camera and instead just enjoyed the gift of the moment and watched them.
2. Finding an Easter family pic that I forgot about. After seeing everyone's wonderful family Easter pics I felt a little bummed that I didn't take one when the family was together at Easter. I thought other than the meal picture I posted last week, which of course I'm not in because I'm taking the pic, I thought there was none of the family. But after looking at everybody that posted on FFF I started scrolling through my phone hoping. And lo and behold, we did get some pics that I totally forgot posing for. LOL. Sheesh. Better start taking ginko or something. But I'm thankful we did get some pictures.
3. And speaking of pictures...I finally got some pictures from the wedding printed and framed. Seeing as the kids had their 1 year anniversary a few weeks ago and I've had the frame gifted to me at Christmas, it was about time. I'm really please with how it turned out and it fills the spot above the fireplace perfectly. I love the black and white with focused splash of color on each picture. It's fun playing with these simple editing programs like iPiccy and PicMonkey and seeing fun results.
4. Organic Peppermint Tea. I came down with yet another head cold this week. Ugh, my third one I'm sure since Christmas. Peppermint tea has been soothing and helping me to keep my liquid intake up.
5. Turkey Noodle soup. I think I made the best batch I ever have. I started a broth bag in the freezer and everytime I have veggie scraps such as onions, celery that's gone a tad limp, the destemmed tops of peppers, the ends that get cut off of asparagus, parsley stems, etc. , I throw it into the bag. I used this along with the turkey carcass from Easter to simmer away and make an absolutely wonderful broth. I've been a soup lover since I was a kid so when I experiment and it turns out that good it makes me happy.
What were your favorite blessings this week?