Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday's Fave Five #426


Happy Easter weekend everyone.  I don't know how many of you will be coming to do Friday's Fave Five but regardless of if you actually do a post I hope you take a pause at some point this weekend and reflect on the death and Resurrection of Jesus and all of the blessing that means for you.

This last week has just zoomed by.  It was very busy with the added busyness in dayhome that any holiday brings so it's a good thing I have this post to take that moment and be thankful for the good things in my life.

1.  Movie night with the ladies study.  The week before we had finished up a study on the book of Ephesians and won't be starting another one up until after Easter so we took this week and went to go see "A Case for Christ" based on the true story and book by Lee Strobel which tells how he, a staunch atheist and journalist who dealt in facts, tried to prove to his newly believing wife that there was no evidence for the death and resurrection of Jesus.  It was really well done and we all enjoyed it and each of us took away something and related to different aspects of the film which made for really interesting discussion.  It was a great movie to see right at this Easter time.  


2.  Surprise lunch from my hubby.  Just after I fed the kids lunch one day this week I received a text from my hubby telling me he was bringing lunch.  It was a really nice surprise on a busy day when I don't always get a sit down meal.

3.  Rain.  The past few days have seen scattered showers here and there.  I love the smell after rain and I know this moisture is going to make for a lovely green spring so I'll take it even though the last couple of days have been a bit grey.

4.  New fast food.  For our Friday night out, we tried a new fast food place in town called Chopped Leaf.  Not the usual fast food fare, they specialize in gourmet salads, wraps, sandwiches and soups.   Everything was very fresh and tasty and I especially enjoyed their orange and mint infused water.  I always enjoy giving a new place a try.

5.  Cleaning spree.  I know, an odd thing for a fave five list but it just felt so good.  It didn't take forever, just set an hour and worked like crazy in that hour.  That little bit of intense time just made everything look and feel so sparkly clean and fresh.  I love doing it in concentrated short bursts like that rather than hours long cleaning routines that take up half of my precious 2 days off.  

What were your 5 favorites blessings this week?

May you all have a wonderful Easter weekend filled with good family, friends, food and love.  I'm looking forward to my kids all being here together and cooking for everyone.  I'm sure I'll be dog tired after it all but I also have Monday off to recuperate so looking forward to that too.  :)






8 comments:

Gattina said...

The problem here is once it starts to rain, it won't stop for a week ! I wouldn't mind a few drops and then sunshine again ! We are going to Amsterdam to our son for Easter !

Barbara H. said...

I've read that book and just heard of the movie recently. What a nice surprise for lunch! That fast food place sounds great - haven't heard of them but will have to check and see if there are any nearby. I love what a quick cleaning spurt can do. Happy Easter!

ellen b said...

A very blessed Easter to you and yours Susanne!

Jerralea said...

I love the feeling AFTER a cleaning session, but not so much during ;)

I recently read A Case for Grace by Lee Strobel and really enjoyed it but I haven't read A Case for Christ yet. Seems very interesting!

Happy Easter weekend!

Willow said...

I love cleaning sprees too, and like Ellen, especially AFTER they're finished.

I'm glad you got rain!

That new restaurant sounds like something I would love.

Happy Easter!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I really want to see that movie, so thanks for your thoughts. My husband just told me that we have to buy it on dvd, so we will be looking for it! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Faith said...

I've been wanting to see that movie! maybe it will happen but I doubt it....we usually wait until they come out on Netflix. HAHA.

I'm on Spring break now and so sorry I missed Good Friday's FFF but we were at the UNH/Durham for Claire's accepted student day event. and then we had to drive all the way home (4 1/2 hours) to get to our church's Good friday service. I"m wiped..between that and my dad's death with all that involves....whew! I'm thankful to be on break this week.

I love intense periods of cleaning too. I did a thorough cleaning in my family room from top to bottom this mornign and it really only took about 30 min so I moved on to the dining room, half bath and did all the downstairs windows and curtains. Then I worked in the front flower bed...some of our early spring flowers are up!! YAY spring has sprung here in NYS and yesterday was a HOT 81 degrees...the warmest Easter we've ever had I think.

I will be back for FFF this week :)

Ann said...

Beautiful watches!! And I enjoy trying a new place to eat also.