Is it Friday already? Wow, how did that happen? Especially when I was totally mixed up what day it was all week long? This daylight savings time change always royally messes me up. I am so tired from not getting enough sleep all week long. I just wish they would get rid of it and not mess with the way God made things. But no matter, there is still good things to be looked for and noticed. Even better to do it as it would probably pass me by in my tired state. Please join us!
1. This devotional. Ann Spangler's Devotions for Women - Becoming a Woman At Peace. At the end of last year, I thought for 2017 I would really like to learn how to pursue peace and come to a point where I was at peace no matter what was swirling around me in my or my family's life. I found this devotional and though I don't get to it every day I have been working my way through it. I'm loving it and getting lots out of it as seen by all the underlining I am doing it. There is much to chew on and think about, lots of practical thoughts and lots of approaches to peace that I wouldn't have thought of. All connected to scriptures and the pursuit of God and His peace which is far richer and deeper and more satisfying than what we think.
2. More decluttering. As I have been going through my stuff trying to declutter, I came across a huge file containing recipes in my file cabinet. Seeing I had totally forgotten the thing was even in there for who knows how long, I knew I really didn't need all those recipes taking up the space. So on a quieter afternoon this week, I did a quick run through of the file and honestly answered the question: Will I ever make this recipe? Well that cut it down by at least half. Then I resolved to try at least one recipe a week and if I liked it it would go into a recipe file on my computer and if not, out it goes.
3. Keeper Recipe. Well, the first recipe I tried is a keeper. This week I made Spinach and Almond Topped Chicken. It was cut from some calendar I came across in 2010 but I had never made it. I had all the ingredients on hand, it was easy, done in half an hour and it was delicious. And is good enough for company. Checks all my boxes. I'll post the recipe in the next few days.
4. Holiday days decided. This makes my list because the process of it totally stresses me out. I have dayhome parents who are already asking me in January. Yikes I don't even know what we're doing never mind when we want to do it. I only close for 2 separate weeks, not back to back. One of them is a given and never changes but it's that 2nd week that is so hard to decide on. Who knows what the weather will be so far ahead of time? Once I state the dates I pretty much cannot change. But once the decision is made it's like a huge weight off my shoulders.
5. On a reading role. I've really had a great string of books I've read lately and that always makes me happy.
What have been your favorite blessings from this past week?