Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Join this wonderful weekly community who comes together on Friday's to intentionally look for and share five of our blessings in life from the last week. This week just zoomed by for me. I wasn't feeling well so getting through the work day and falling asleep early was basically all I did for 3 days. So this little weekly exercise is especially good for me in this kind of week as those blessings might have slipped right by me. Please join on in.
1. Warm & Cozy Throw blankets to curl up under. I have spent plenty of time under one or another of these for the past several days.
2. Hot tea. I don't know what it is about not feeling well, but I wake up craving tea rather than coffee. And that is unusual for coffee loving me. This week I've had soothing cups of peppermint, fruity sips of peach and even spicy chai types of tea.
3. Homemade soup. Another thing I crave when not feeling well is a hot tasty bowl of soup. In keeping with the theme that I guess this post is adhering to, to make myself feel better I made a nice pot of hamburger soup. I have a wonderful recipe that basically takes 10 minutes to put together and about 20 - 30 minutes to cook, super easy. And yet so comforting. Paired with the absolutely delicious Red Lobster biscuits that again only take minutes and it was the best not feeling well meal ever.
4. Just Breathe Scentsy wax melts. Eucalyptus, lemon and different mints combine to make it easier to breathe. One of my favorite scentsy fragrances. Though I don't have a stuffy nose it was really soothing to my tight lungs. I
5. And for this last one, I'm going to break the pattern here and say how thankful I am for Safe travels for my youngest as she had a business trip to Toronto and back. I was thrilled that she had this opportunity and experience but I was even more thrilled to see her walk back in the door safe and sound.
Well southern Alberta's groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter and it seems the weather is listening because Alberta is chilling up again and snow is predicted this weekend. It sounds like a good time to cozy up with a good book, those comfy blankets and more tea. Hope you all have a nice cozy weekend too.
What were your favorites from the last week?