I just can't believe it's Friday already. I haven't posted a thing since last week's FFF. Can a week have already flown by? All the better to do the Friday's Fave Five so that I don't miss those blessings in my life as they whoosh by! Please join in.
1. Fitness accomplishment. The ladies only gym I go to, curves, had a little Olynpics of their own with the chance to "compete" in any one or all of three "events". Low and behold I won the bronze medal in one of the events which was "Plank". Simply, you just held a plank in proper form for as long as you could.
(This is a plank like I did. You can make it more challenging by going up on your hands)
You had a chance to try once a day for 5 days. I was able to give it a go twice. I have never in my life won anything fitness related. I was lucky if I ever got a Participant ribbon, which half the time was unlikely as I tried to get out of anything remotely like that. This was a huge encouragement for me in my fitness journey over the last 5 years. To realize where I had come from (basically an out of shape couch potato) to where I am now is great to me. And don't get me wrong, I am no "athlete" but to now enjoy physical activity and actually crave it is amazing to me and worth the effort it has taken.
2. New Fave Ice Cream Flavor. I discovered Nanaimo Bar flavor of ice cream and it has rocked our world. If you've ever had a nanaimo bar you know how good they are. As an aside, did you know they are a Canadian thing? Yup, them and poutine. We know good food! Anyway, if you can get ahold of Western Family Classics ice cream in this flavor, do not pass it by!
3. Washer and dryer. So thankful for these hard working appliances. When I think of how it used to be before my time: hauling water from a stream, building a fire, heating it in a big cauldron and finally boiling your laundry and hanging it over bushes and stuff to dry... all I can say is "Thank you Lord" that I was born in this age and time of wonderful washing machines and dryers and I mean that with all my heart!
4. Evenings at home. It's been a fairly quiet evening week around here and for that I'm thankful. No running to have to be anywhere, just eat our evening meal together, clean up the kitchen and then just relax for the evening reading or watching tv. I love being out and about but sometimes am just really glad for home time too.
5. Sunday afternoon walks. My mom really enjoys going to the lake for a little stroll but rarely gets there. She's in her '80's and feeling the aches and pains of old age so to go by herself is difficult. It's nice to take her on a Sunday afternoon and just see her enjoying nature and being outside. It's also a time where she tends to go down memory lane a bit so that is always fun to listen to. Hopefully our weather will hold out for many more Sundays so that we can get our fill before winter.
What were your favorite blessings this week? What uplifted you or made you smile or made your life better?