Hi everyone...welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Last week it didn't even dawn on me that the number of Fave Fives we've done since the beginning was 365. Wow, that is a years worth of days looking for blessings and being thankful. How awesome is that. I want to thank each and everyone of you, both those faithful who have been around a long time and those that are new, for coming along with me in this journey of realizing life is beautiful and good and a gift from God, even when it's been tougher.
So this has been a crazy, whirlwind week for me and the most wonderful stuff I'm not a liberty to say till next week so technically, if we want to get that technical, is that these are not necessarily my absolute favourites of the week but they are still good. So on to sharing blessings.
1. Valentines Day. Such a fun day. Usually we don't celebrate by going out for anything. Neither of us like waiting forever in line for dinner or shows or big crowds. But this year friends asked us to share dinner with them and then we had them here for a show. Dinner was so yummy, a special valentine's menu. Definitely a favourite blessing of the week.
2. Work easier than at first thought. This week is always a tough one for me at work because schools are closed and some of the parents request I take their elementary aged kids. It's sometimes hard to balance numbers because I tend to go through much guilt because it's hard for me to say no. But I did say no to some and it all worked out and I wasn't all stressed out. Whew.
3. Toasted Coconut cheesecake. Oh my is all I have to say about that. I think I've found a new favourite. Yummmm!
4. Encouragement right when I need it. There were at least 3 times this week where I came across the perfect quote or scripture at the perfect time that I needed it. So thankful for the gift of encouragement from God.
5. Fearless study. This study has come into my life at the perfect time. I know I've put it on a FFF list before but it has seriously helped me so much right now at this time in our lives when we're stepping out starting a business from the ground up, I can't even express. And the discussions that have come out of it both at study and at home with hubby have been so good.
So what were your favourite blessings from your last week?
Valentine's day is not so much celebrated in Belgium despite the efforts of the shops and restaurants ! All business. I bought Sushis which we both love and that was it ! Thanks to this theme I can see what happened two years (or more ago) sometimes very interesting !
Valentines Day def seems to wind down a bit as we age!! This was the first year in 26 yrs that Dave and I didnt exchange cards....and we did go out for dinner but it was at a local diner in his hometown with other family me,bers in town for the wedding! lol
What show did you go to? I assume you are talking about a musical play or concert? We havent been to one since last summer on Cape cod. too busy during the school year.
I cant wait to hear about your business...i didnt know you were starting one! are you giving up your daycare??
yay for yummy desserts ( although Im allergic to cheesecake!)
so glad you are enjoying the Lucado study. that might be the. next one MY group does!!!
happy weekend, Susanne and thanks for still hosting the FFF❤️
365 is a great achievement. I'm a newbie but glad to have found you.
What a fun way to celebrate -- a year's worth of faves, thankfulness, sharing that joy. Wonderful!
How nice an idea is that to share Valentine's with friends. Yay for less stress and timely encouragement. You're not going to reveal the source of this amazing cheesecake???
Glad things worked out well for for your work week. That cheesecake sounds amazing. Encouragement is always a good thing. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
I'm new to this, but I love this so much. :-)
It is hard to say no sometimes, but it is necessary for our sanity-- I have trouble with that one too.
Valentine's Day isn't particularly 'our holiday'. A quiet evening with friends would be best.
Happy Friday. So glad that your last week was so positive. God truly is good. I am joining with you in just a little while. Have a great day!
Valentine's is generally flowers, chocolate and a card. This year I made one for Roger. having fun with watercolour!
Glad to hear the Fearless study is good and just at the right time for you and your husby. Perfect! we've done several of Max Lucado's studies and really enjoyed them. I'll have to keep that one in mind for next round.
It's good to be back in the Friday fave mode. I've missed it!
Happy weekend Susanne!
Wow, 365 fave five entries! I think I have been here for most of them - the number on my post only shows 342, but sometimes I put "fives" instead of "five," so it didn't register. I think I may have missed a few. But it's such a good practice. Thanks for coming up with it!
We don't like to go out for Valentine's Day, either - restaurants are so crowded then. Last time we went out for it, it was only because we had out of town company, and it took forever to get a table for a group because the place had taken out their big tables to put in tables for two for the night.
So glad the work week went well. It's hard for me to say no, too, but sometimes you have to draw the line for what's best for your situation.
Love when your #4 happens!
All I can say is. . .I hope I don't get introduced to toasted coconut cheesecake because it might be the end of any weight loss!!! Sounds fabulous!!
Oops! I just realized I didn't link up on Friday! Remedying it right now!
That cheesecake sounds wonderful!
About the quotes: there are no coincidences! ;)
Oh my gosh, I can only imagine how good coconut toasted cheesecake would be, and I'm sure I would love it.
I peeked at the Fearless study. Love Max Lucado and this looks great.
It's such a comfort when God sends messages your way, just when you need them. Such an awesome God.
P.S. thank you for the recommendation last week for Age of Adeline. We watched it last night and DH and I both thoroughly enjoyed it!
Post a Comment