Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It has been a very busy and emotionally hard week this week so I need this focus of purposefully looking at the blessings that are in my life. Please join me in taking a moment to pause in the busyness and be thankful for the good things in our lives.
1. Good Movie: Enjoyed a pretty good movie, Boychoir, with hubby on the weekend. It's a story driven movie and took it's time building but was worth the watch. I love good action movies, don't get me wrong, but I also love ones that tell a good story with values and leave me feeling good. Both of us really enjoyed it especially as hubby did sing in a boys choir when he was a kid.
2. A new yummy fast dinner find. Sunday afternoon found me finishing up Christmas shopping and doing some grocery shopping to boot. After being out for hours and with the task of still unloading and putting groceries away, the last thing I wanted to do was cook supper too. So while at Costco perusing the fresh dinners section I came across Ham and Broccoli Crepes. They looked delicious and only required about 20 minutes to heat up so into the cart they went. They were so good. With a homemade greek salad on the side it was the perfect supper for a very busy day. Fast food without being "fast food", if you know what I mean. They'll go on my list as another option for those kinds of days.
3. Christmas Lights and Decorating. Love seeing all the outdoor lights and decorations all lit up. There are quite a few spectacular displays in our city and the do have a list of all the really good ones up on facebook so that one can do a little driving tour and see them all.
4. Snow! It has been quite a balmy season so far and balmy means warm, windy...and brown. We had a snowfall the other day and it made me so happy. So much nicer to see white, it definitely makes it feel more like Christmas than fall.
5. Shopping done! What a relief. I felt so behind this year so I am very glad to be done with it. Wrapping is started and will be done today as tomorrow we pick up my daughter for a 2 week visit! And I definitely don't want to be shopping when she is here to visit.
Friday's Fave Five will be taking a break next week for sure and possibly the week after also. We'll have to see how that week goes. We'll be needing to take my daughter back to the city where she catches the bus back and I'm not quite sure what day that will be. And my son will be coming home for a late Christmas celebration on the 29th. I want to leave things open to enjoy and be spontaneous to family activites so computer time is going to be very limited this holiday. To all my Friday's Fave Five participants I want to say thank you for joining me. It really inspires and motivates me to read your posts. May you all have a very Merry Christmas if I don't "hear" from you before Christmas.
What were your favourite blessings and good things this week?