Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday's Fave Five #359


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  It has been a very busy and emotionally hard week this week so I need this focus of purposefully looking at the blessings that are in my life.  Please join me in taking a moment to pause in the busyness and be thankful for the good things in our lives.


1.  Good Movie:  Enjoyed a pretty good movie, Boychoir, with hubby on the weekend.  It's a story driven movie and took it's time building but was worth the watch. I love good action movies, don't get me wrong, but I also love ones that tell a good story with values and leave me feeling good.  Both of us really enjoyed it especially as hubby did sing in a boys choir when he was a kid.

2.  A new yummy fast dinner find.  Sunday afternoon found me finishing up Christmas shopping and doing some grocery shopping to boot.  After being out for hours and with the task of still unloading and putting groceries away, the last thing I wanted to do was cook supper too.  So while at Costco perusing the fresh dinners section I came across Ham and Broccoli Crepes.  They looked delicious and only required about 20 minutes to heat up so into the cart they went.  They were so good.  With a homemade greek salad on the side it was the perfect supper for a very busy day.  Fast food without being "fast food", if you know what I mean.  They'll go on my list as another option for those kinds of days.

3.  Christmas Lights and Decorating.  Love seeing all the outdoor lights and decorations all lit up.  There are quite a few spectacular displays in our city and the do have a list of all the really good ones up on facebook so that one can do a little driving tour and see them all.

4. Snow!  It has been quite a balmy season so far and balmy means warm, windy...and brown.  We had a snowfall the other day and it made me so happy.  So much nicer to see white, it definitely makes it feel more like Christmas than fall.

5.  Shopping done!  What a relief.  I felt so behind this year so I am very glad to be done with it. Wrapping is started and will be done today as tomorrow we pick up my daughter for a 2 week visit!  And I definitely don't want to be shopping when she is here to visit.

Friday's Fave Five will be taking a break next week for sure and possibly the week after also.  We'll have to see how that week goes.  We'll be needing to take my daughter back to the city where she catches the bus back and I'm not quite sure what day that will be.  And my son will be coming home for a late Christmas celebration on the 29th.  I want to leave things open to enjoy and be spontaneous to family activites so computer time is going to be very limited this holiday.  To all my Friday's Fave Five participants I want to say thank you for joining me.  It really inspires and motivates me to read your posts.  May you all have a very Merry Christmas if I don't "hear" from you before Christmas.

What were your favourite blessings and good things this week?







13 comments:

Gattina said...

I miss the beautiful Christmas decoration in our hotel in Egypt ! I also like to see the city decorations ! My shopping is done too, only Mr. G. left !

Willow said...

I envy you your completed shopping! I still have at least one present to purchase...
I remember the years we lived in the north and I have to agree--the white snow looks much lovelier than brown dead grass.

Faith said...

i love all the decorations around our capital region here in NY too! and we STILL dont have snow!!! yay!! in fact, after choir practice last night, at 10:15 pm it was 52 degrees f outside!!!! we are NOT complaining. 2 hours west of us is supposed to get a snowstorm late tonight....hopefully it stays out there. 😀
have a wonderful Christmas Susanne and enjoy sll the family moments. i might do a christmas post or two since i will be home on vacation and it is supposed to be just the 4 of us!!

have a meery holiday!!

Barbara H. said...

I'm sorry for the emotional hardness of the week -hope everything is ok. We have a child back home this week as well and are pretty much done with gift-buying - just need a few stocking stuffers. The movie sounds interesting. Will have to see if we have anything like those crepes. I've relied on a few easy meals this week, too. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and a very blessed Christmas!

nikkipolani said...

I'm with you on that relief, having completed shopping and a handful of other preparations.

Smiling and wondering what your definition of "balmy" is! But snow for Christmas sounds lovely. Will have to look up that movie and maybe make a GF version of those crepes -- yum!

Thanks for the heads up for the next two weeks. Enjoy your family time and relax!

Paula said...

I'm not sure if we will have a white Christmas this year, but I'm not going to complain about the warm weather we've been experiencing. We live out in the country, so there aren't a whole lot of Christmas decorations and lights out and about. I've been sitting in front of our tree this morning enjoying the twinkling lights. I hope you have a very blessed Christmas!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a lot of good things even though it was a challenging week for you. Enjoy Christmas with your family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Ann said...

Glad you've got your shopping done - I have a LONG WEEK ahead of me next week!!! :-)

Susan said...

Have fun with your white Christmas. Maybe you'll get more snow and enough for you all to make a snowman. :) My Christmas will not be white, but my New Year's will be as the family is gathering at Yosemite for a few days in January.

Hurray for being done with shopping and having the family home.
Enjoy your time away from the computer. I know I will.

Merry Chritsmas, Susanne, to you and your family.

Jen said...

I love ham and Broccoli together. So good!!! And how nice to have time to spend with your daughter. "down time". IM wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!

Jerralea said...

I envy you your snow. Here in Illinois, Christmas Day is predicted to be 68F and rainy!

Have a wonderful holiday, Susanne, and thank you for hosting FFF so faithfully.

Karen said...

I'll have to look for those crepes at Costco. We are hoping to take in a movie next week -- it's been ages since we've been to the theatre. Enjoy your time with your daughter! and Merry Christmas to you Susanne!!

ellen b said...

It's always a relief to be done with the shopping. I don't think we have those crepes in the U.S. Costco. Not in my area anyway. They sound fabulous.
Have a good week leading up to Christmas!!