Welcome back to Friday's Fave Five. It just shocks me that I haven't posted a thing since the last FFF. It seems to be my pattern as of late. I have these great intentions and then it just seems my days are overwhelming and my evenings are spent trying to regroup. Especially now that it's only 2 weeks away from Christmas. Yikes. And I also need to apologize for not getting around to anyone's FFF's from last week. Sigh. But all the more reason for me to sit and ponder the good things from the last week before they go by unnoticed. Please join in with me.
1. Holiday dinner at our friends place. Our friends cooked us and another couple up a lovely Christmas turkey dinner on the weekend. It was a lovely evening filled with food and laughter. A lovely way to start off December and the holiday season.
2. Decorating done. Finally, the halls are decked and the tree is sparkling. I thought it would never get done but now I can sit back and enjoy it. I love the reflection in the bay window. It just multiplies the sparkle.
3. An easy-peasy interview. Dayhome interviews stress me out. There I said it. I have spent 25 years of my career having constant interviews and I still stress about them. But this one went super easy and ended with a contract starting February which works perfect for me.
4. Chai Tea. In these hectic filled days I've been savouring a cup a hot, spicy chai tea when I have a moment to relax. The fragrant smell, soothing warmth and bit of a bite from the spices of my favourite chai tea is just what I need to slow down during the hectic days. Drizzle with just a touch of good honey and maybe a chapter or two from a good read and it's amazing how it rejuvenates.
5. Telephone chats with both my grown kids who live out of town. It's so wonderful to hear their voices on the phone and get caught up. K will be down in a week for Christmas and J sadly will not be home for Christmas as he will be on working as a medic on the rigs. We're hoping that he can get a few days home at New Years before the next semester of college starts. But in the interim those phone chats are precious.
What have been your favourite blessings from this busy last week?