Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's a place we gather each Friday to reflect on and share our 5 favourite blessings from the week. Whether it's been an awesome week or one that's knocked the wind out of your sales, it's always a great discipline to look for and be thankful what is good in life. Please join us.
1. Free lunch at a fave restaurant. Don't know if I mentioned it but I won a pair of tickets for lunch and we finally got to use them on Saturday. This restaurant is totally unique for a few reasons and is quickly becoming one of our favourites. First, it's one of two restaurants built into our city's old water tower. The tower was set for demolition when a local builder convinced the city to sell it to him and let him turn it into a restaurant. 12 stories above the city it's a lovely place to eat. Every table is a window view. It first had a fine dining restaurant on the top 2nd level and a lounge on the 1st level. But this spring they changed the lounge to a more family friendly restaurant with a unique concept. They totally change the menu and decor 3 times a year. Last was an Americana menu and decor, and it just changed over to a Rustic European. So delicious with such great flavors and great view.
2. Evening tea. As it has become cooler in the evenings I really enjoy a nice hot cup of tea. So relaxing and cozy with a warm blanket and a good book.
3. Lunch with my Dad. It was a weekend of lunches out apparently. But my Dad took me and my sis to lunch on Sunday. It was a rare treat that I really enjoyed. He was so excited to have me try a favourite dish of the both of us at a place I'd never had it. I was quite happy to oblige.
4. Dance time. Most of the kids in dayhome love to dance and it's a treat in the day to turn on a kid's music station on the radio and watch them let loose. They are so fun and carefree when they dance. And I love that the new fandangled thing my hubby got that pulls in internet radio so that I can have a kid's station going. And Christian music stations. And easy listening stations. All sorts of choices I can set it to.
5. On the tail end of a big project. Once a year at this time I'm in charge of a certain area at church that requires quite a bit of concentrated work. We are now on the tail end of it and I always finish with a sigh of relief. I love doing it but also am glad when it is done. Whew, now with Operation Christmas Child also done for the year, I can concentrate on Christmas.
What were your favourites this week?
That must be a very nice restaurant ! Good idea to transform a water tower to a restaurant !
I am not thinking of Christmas at all, first I will enjoy sunshine in Egypt ! I hate to see Christmas decorations already now ! Each year it starts earlier !
It is such a lovely feeling to be done with big projects. Congrats to you for that. I will finish my OCC boxes on Saturday and then turn to the next projects.
I am enjoying tea a lot more this year than ever before. I still have a cough (after 3 weeks) so I am endeavoring to drink more (healthy) fluids. I am trying quite a few herbal teas. I love your idea of combining the tea with a blanket and book!
Have a great weekend!
it is alwAys such a great feeling when projects get done. yay for lunches out...that restaurant sounds like so much fun!! i like pulling up the radio stations on my ipad when we. have free time in the classroom...seeing children dance is such. a happy thing!! enjoh your weekend! OCC happens at our church this weekend!!!,😀
It's nice to have Operation Christmas Child over with, but it's also fulfilling to have contributed, isn't it. I actually did my boxes last summer when I had more time. However, this week I found a box in the back of my closet that was only half ready - so that meant a trip to the store to get it filled and in on time.
It was a nice heavy-duty box, kind of like a filing box with a lid, with a flower print already on it, that I got at a yard sale. I like knowing that whatever 10-14 year old girl who gets it will also have a nice box to store things in.
What a neat, fun concept for a restaurant! Lunches out are a treat, and you can't beat free tickets. It's fun to see Timothy dance, too, and always a relief to get bog projects done.
What a fun restaurant that must be! And a free meal too.
Watching uninhibited kids is so much fun--question: do you dance with them?
Enjoy every lunch with your dad. Spending any time with him is a treasure and a blessing.
I think I remember what a good time you'd had at this restaurant before -- one that changes its décor and menu often. A free meal at a good restaurant is definitely a fave ;-)
How lovely to have time with your dad and sister. I can almost imagine your week of music, dancing, and lunches out. Fun!
I love the idea of re-purposing a water tower into a restaurant! I'm glad you've been able to go there.
Thank you for all the work you do for OCC. It's a privilege to know you.
That restaurant looks like a lot of fun! So glad your sister and you could have lunch with your dad...sweet treat!
Have a wonderful weekend Susanne!
So nice to catch up a bit with your blog....it's been forever, like years since I have been blog hopping! That restaurant is amazing, what a great idea for an old water tower. Nice to "see" you again. :)
Post a Comment