Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's a place we gather each Friday to reflect on and share our 5 favourite blessings from the week. Whether it's been an awesome week or one that's knocked the wind out of your sales, it's always a great discipline to look for and be thankful what is good in life. Please join us.
1. Free lunch at a fave restaurant. Don't know if I mentioned it but I won a pair of tickets for lunch and we finally got to use them on Saturday. This restaurant is totally unique for a few reasons and is quickly becoming one of our favourites. First, it's one of two restaurants built into our city's old water tower. The tower was set for demolition when a local builder convinced the city to sell it to him and let him turn it into a restaurant. 12 stories above the city it's a lovely place to eat. Every table is a window view. It first had a fine dining restaurant on the top 2nd level and a lounge on the 1st level. But this spring they changed the lounge to a more family friendly restaurant with a unique concept. They totally change the menu and decor 3 times a year. Last was an Americana menu and decor, and it just changed over to a Rustic European. So delicious with such great flavors and great view.
2. Evening tea. As it has become cooler in the evenings I really enjoy a nice hot cup of tea. So relaxing and cozy with a warm blanket and a good book.
3. Lunch with my Dad. It was a weekend of lunches out apparently. But my Dad took me and my sis to lunch on Sunday. It was a rare treat that I really enjoyed. He was so excited to have me try a favourite dish of the both of us at a place I'd never had it. I was quite happy to oblige.
4. Dance time. Most of the kids in dayhome love to dance and it's a treat in the day to turn on a kid's music station on the radio and watch them let loose. They are so fun and carefree when they dance. And I love that the new fandangled thing my hubby got that pulls in internet radio so that I can have a kid's station going. And Christian music stations. And easy listening stations. All sorts of choices I can set it to.
5. On the tail end of a big project. Once a year at this time I'm in charge of a certain area at church that requires quite a bit of concentrated work. We are now on the tail end of it and I always finish with a sigh of relief. I love doing it but also am glad when it is done. Whew, now with Operation Christmas Child also done for the year, I can concentrate on Christmas.
What were your favourites this week?