Thursday, October 22, 2015
Friday's Fave Five #351
Hi everyone and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to look for our blessings big and small from our last week. Please join us.
I'm not feeling so great tonight (Thursday) and I'm nodding off so I'm just going to put up the linky and let you all give it a good start and then I'll be by later in the morning to post my own 5. See you all later!
Whew, it is 1:40 MST and I am just now able to sit down for a moment while the dayhome kids enjoy their Friday afternoon movie. Three batches of popcorn later they are finally in a bit of a food coma and settled watching their movie. But I find especially in the overwhelmed busy times it's good to take a pause and take note of the good blessings in our lives. So here goes!
1. Great bargains! So I've been humming and hawwing over whether to do a book study at my ladies bible study or stick with the usual format. But then this week Bookoutlet sent me an email so that I could register for an extra 15% off of their already great prices on a certain few days this month. So I browsed around and there was one of the books we had been considering at a good deal already but with the 15% off of that it was awesome! So we are going to do "Fearless" by Max Lucado starting in January. I think it will be very timely for us. Too many of us are paralyzed by varying degrees and types of fear! Especially with the crazy election we just had in Canada, as a Christian that result was downright fear inducing. But God says "Fear not" so many times to us in the bible. I'm looking forward to getting deep down into this study! That is a load of my mind making that decision.
2. Jazzed up rice. Ok, this is a somewhat weird one but really it was great for me. My hubby is a rice lover. Plain old white rice is a carb nirvana to him. Me? Not so much. In fact, for me to enjoy rice it has to be doing the back stroke in some kind of gravy or sauce. But yesterday, I had a revelation. I had no sauce, so had to get creative. As I was looking through the cupboard to see what to do, I saw my container of butter and my bottle of Soffrito Herb de Provence infused olive oil that I had bought last trip to Calgary. So I put about a good heaping tablespoon of butter and equal amount of the oil into a heavy cast iron fry pan and then added the already cooked plain white rice and heated it up. Oh my goodness. It was subtle and delicious and made me like rice. I love experimenting and trying things out off the top of my head.
3. Massage Therapy. I know I've mentioned it before but I seriously was thankful for an appointment yesterday. I don't know what was going on but Tuesday my upper back muscles so seized up and knotted causing so much pain that I thought for sure I wouldn't even be able to sleep. But I had one more sample package of that Biofreeze left that she gave me (mentioned in last week's FFF). So I put that on and took some advil and by bedtime it was actually feeling better. Then last night she massaged that darn knot right out of there and I actually felt functional again this morning.
4. Grilling Weather still a go! We have been taking full advantage of using our bbq every weekend. It's been such a mild fall but I know that is going to end shockingly one of these fine days but meanwhile we've been using that bbq to get our fill of burgers, grilled chicken and steak. I love meals done on the bbq!
5. It's Friday. Oh my goodness, this is definitely a blessing. So thankful the work week is at a close.
If you haven't already, please join in as we count our blessings and share 5.