It's Friday and that means it's time to look at the blessings and good things in our last week. Find your five favourites and then share them with us. It is truly fall like around here. Routines are back in full swing, Our labour day long weekend is over and the days are getting shorter very quickly. And one of my favourite routines just happens to be FFF!
1. My first favourite is a road trip on the long weekend to see K, my oldest child, who is no longer a child but you know what I mean. It's a 6 -7 hour trip, depending on how many stops one makes. We always have a good laugh because going there is like heading on a little holiday so we stop for bagels, and stop for Starbucks and stop to let the dog do his thing, stop for a burger, stop for gas. It inevitably takes longer. But coming home we are tired and we just want to get back to home sweet home. We stop for gas and a burger. Period. LOL. But it's always nice to see my oldest and this time was extra fun because we got to see her pictures from her summer trip to London, Paris and Scotland...all 1600 of them. The weather was cold, so cold we didn't do a whole lot of any outdoor activities but curled up and visited, talked trips and books, It was a lovely visit.
2. Road trip reading! Hubby is the main driver with me just taking over when he gets tired. Which makes for lots of good reading time. And because my daughter is a reader too, after hubby went to bed we sat up reading in between chatting. I finished one book and got about 3/4 through the second.
3. Warmer quilt on the bed. Though it's not our great big winter quilt, it is thicker than the summer coverlet we have. I so prefer the puffier blankets that go into a duvet cover. It's so comfy and cozy. And it makes making the bed a snap!
4. Fall decor. I love the colors of fall decor and I know I'm a couple weeks early but hey the weather is suiting it, so out it came.
5. Quirky sense of humour of my youngest daughter. Oh how she makes me laugh at times. I'm so thankful for this girl.
And in the midst of remembering things from the week I want to take a pause and remember 9/11 and all those affected and all that that day meant.
What are your favourite blessing from the last week?