Welcome everyone. Friday's is our time to look back over our week and be intentional in looking for good things in our lives. Please join us as we share five of them whether they be big or small. I am not feeling well today so mine will be short and sweet and I'm off to bed but nevertheless I still want to look for the blessings over the last week.
1. 32nd Anniversary! Yesterday Dave and I celebrated 32 years of married life. Wow. I can hardly believe it. As the old saying goes "It seems like just yesterday...". Sometimes I still think of us like this:
taken in the early '80's at Heritage Park, Calgary
2. Dinner made and ready to eat by my daughter. Wednesday I came home from the gym to wonderful smells coming out my kitchen window. My daughter had cooked dinner for us and all I had to do was sit down and enjoy. What a blessing that was. And delicious too!
3. Closing a great read with a very satisfied sigh. Finished the new book by my favorite author and boy, it was a good one. A review is coming but I just want to say, as per usual with his books, my emotions went through the wringer and I couldn't pick up another book for a couple of days as this one and the message it sent through it's story churned and bounced around in my mind and heart.
4. Time with friends as a couple. I always enjoy when we can get together with another couple. This week we had not one but two opportunities and both were a really nice time of visiting and fun.
5. Gorgeous walk. Here in our city we have some really gorgeous trails and last weekend we went on one of our favourites. The views were amazing, the weather just perfect and it was a really nice way to get off our duffs, get outside and get some movement into our day. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, didn't even take my phone in an effort to get away from electronics, not even thinking it had a camera.
What were your favourite blessings from the past week?