It's Friday, one of my favourite days for many reasons, one of which is joining in with all of you to look back over the week and notice our 5 favourite blessings for the week. Sometimes it's super easy to find five and sometimes it's darn hard but there is always some to be found. Sometimes it's all in the perspective. Thank you to all you faithful participants and welcome to any new or returning! I'm so grateful you take the time to join in with me. Guidelines are linked in the sidebar for anyone new.
1. Fresh paint. Hubby has been working hard for a couple of weeks now, whenever he can, to freshen up the living room. Off have come the old chair rails, and a fresh lighter color is going on. I found a lovely "greige" in Benjamin Moore's "Inukshuk" and we just love it. We wanted to move away from the yellowy-green toned beige we had and this is a lovely change. Still trying to decide on the dark colored wall, though. I'm soooo indecisive when it comes to paint color.
2. A new recipe win that will go into the family favourites file. I love when I try a new recipe and it actually turns out really delicious and I have a new family favourite. This recipe that I shared at the beginning of the week did just that. This may just motivate me to start working my way through the scads of recipes to try that I have filed on my computer.
3. Chores done = free weekend. Laundry is done, vacuuming done, groceries done. Wow, what will I do with my weekend? I feel a book or two calling my name!
4. Purring furball. I love the late evenings when my sweet old kitty crawls up next to me on the couch for some cuddling and purring. It's such a lovely, relaxing way to end the day.
5. Wonderberry Chocolate Truffle tea. When my youngest and I went to the Women's Conference in October we stopped at the mall in Calgary. We went into a tea store and they had all sorts of lovely teas to try including a Christmas flavor: Wonderberry Chocolate Truffle . It was delicious. But we walked away because it was ridiculously expensive. When hubby took me to the Mall last weekend we stopped into the same tea store and lo and behold the very same tea was 70% off. Score. And I got the last can! It was like it was just patiently sitting waiting for me to come back on Valentine's day so that it could go home with who it was intended for. LOL. Sorta makes you wonder how they can justify the huge price hike though, doesn't it? But at any rate, the tea tastes extra rich and delicious now that I got it at that great deal!
What were your favourite blessings, whether big or small, during your last week?