Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Looking back over the week and choosing our favourite 5 blessings is a wonderful discipline that I share with a group of other bloggers. Please join with us acknowledging the things that lifted us during our ordinary everydays. If you need to see the guidelines first then click on the FFF button in the sidebar.
1. Incredible weather. As mentioned in my post yesterday, the weather here this last week has been wonderful. Though we've had some super windy days, that warm wind, the chinook is what ushers in the warm air and that it did! Monday was a record setting 19*C, or 66*F. For January, that is absolutely a welcome blessing! The dayhome kids and I were outside in t-shirts with no coats! Around these parts that just never happens in January. Most of the days this week have been balmy and warm.
2. This book. So good. It grabbed me from the opening paragraphs and has not let go. It has challenged me and encouraged me. I'm almost done so will be doing a review probably on the weekend. Finding a great read is a huge blessing.
3. Celebrations. And this week it was celebrating our son and his 23rd birthday. Wow, I can hardly believe it! He's turned into a wonderful young man, if I do say so myself and it was a pleasure treating him to dinner out at a restaurant of his choice.
4. New Bedroom curtains. I only had mini-blinds up on the bedroom window. It worked quite fine...that is up until the city changed out the old street lights with new fangled led lights. Now in place of a gentle yellow-y glow we have a very bright white light. And does it ever light up the bedroom at night! Even in the middle of the night you can vaguely see. And laying down, my side of the bed which is right by the window can definitely sense that light out there. This last week, we found a discount type of store that had scads of different kinds of curtain for about half the price of even the Wally-Mart. I actually have a dark bedroom now, something I never experienced except on holiday in a hotel. I think it's helped me to sleep better! A good night's sleep is a blessing. Makes a certain someone oh so less cranky in the morning.
5. A news story with a happy ending. In the midst of all the bad news, ugliness, and sad stuff that makes up most news broadcasts it's always nice to come across a happy ending story. This Southern Alberta story just made me smile and maybe even shed a tear or two. Love a good happy ending.
What were your favourite blessings this week?
FFFs are definitely a wonderful discipline -- thanks for your faithful hosting, Susanne, through thick and thin and technological glitches!
How wonderful that you got a glimpse of spring that lasted for days. And curtains to help you sleep better, too. I'm looking forward to checking out these two riveting stories -- one book and one newsy :-)
I am so glad that you were able to get the new bedroom curtains. A good sleep does us all good. :)
The book looks really good. I will be looking forward to your review!
Have a great weekend, Susanne.
That really is an amazing and very sweet story Susanne!! Thanks for sharing it.
I only have mini-blinds and toppers in our bedroom - the problem is dh likes the light and I like sleeping in the dark :) So we compromise.
The book looks really interesting. I have such a big pile right now - I need to do a book post. But I'll keep yours in mind for when i finish this pile.
A belated Happy birthday wish to your son!
Happy Birthday to your son!
I loved that found dog story. Truly sweet ending. And the weather! Wow! I'm so happy for you that you and the day kids were out enjoying the sunshine. Tell them they were acting like Southern California kids! My students sometimes stroll into class in t shirts, shorts and flip-flops.
Happy Birthday to your boy. January boys are great. Both of our sons were born in January! Happy news stories are great for sure. Glad you are in the dark when it's time to sleep now! :)
Well I'm finally joining in again today and will visit everyone soon. Of course I back and breaking the rules already...
Have a wonderful weekend.
How lovely to have such good weather in January, I've forgotten what a blue sky looks like!
Great that you have new curtains and a happy birthday to your son. I have just read that dog story....how amazing!!! That certainly had me teary too.....lovely!xxx
I see we have been sharing the same wonderful weather! Nice break in january. Our daughter will be 23 the end of February. I can't believe it either. Where does the time go!? :)
I hope you have continued good weather and a very nice weekend! Blessing!
Congratulations to your new curtains, it's always nice to have a little change in the house !
We only get bad news in the News, better not to watch them !
What a great happy ending to a news story! Thanks for sharing.
I've got a 23 year old, too. I don't know how it is possible, but it is!
I always want the bedroom dark to sleep, too. Glad you found a great place to get curtains - they are so expensive!
Our weather has really been up and down for January but we have had a few springlike days, too - makes the winter more bearable! Glad you've had that this week!
Belated happy birthday to your son!
Glad you found some curtains that shut out the bright light. I like a little bit of light at night - I have a low nightlight in our bathroom - but much more than that and I have a hard time sleeping.
Neat story about the dog!
Those LED lights are great until you need to sleep with a light outside your window! We only have blinds on all of our windows, but we don't have a light right outside of our window! That was a really sweet story about the dog!
I want to get a copy of that book. Sounds like one I would like. Thanks for the recommend. Enjoy the weekend.
Hi Susanne, Happy new Year. I thought i'd join back in again.
A good nights sleep and a a good book - both things I've not been able to come by for a while so I'll be on the lookout. Thats always a good thing to do for yourself.
Happy Birthday to your son.
We've been looking to rehome a pet, a GSD and I'm excited about it.
Yay for good books and new bedroom curtains and I've been so envious of your balmier temps!!! great list of faves...I am going to look for that book!! OH...btw...i never shop at walmart..i refuse to do business with them. and we don't have a costco BUT...TARGET and CVS were running a special on the ENOS balms :) OH and the mitford series is wonderful...you would love them!
Post a Comment