Friday, January 09, 2015
Friday's Fave Five #312
Hi everyone, welcome to this week's Friday's Fave Five. It's a chilly one here in Southern Alberta but it's still a good day to find blessings. Please join in with us. If you are new you can go here for the guidelines.
Before I get into finding the good things about my week, I want to make a note on commenting formats... If you are using the google + commenting format on your blogger blog only other google + members may be allowed to comment. I am not a member and so therefore I can't comment on your FFF posts. If you leave a comment on my FFF post, I can email you back a comment on your post but if you don't comment all I can do is come by and read your post but I'll have to keep my comments to myself, so to speak. Just so you know why I might not have been commenting on your posts. I love to read all your FFF's from week to week and leave you comments to encourage you but since this google + thingy entered the picture I have not been able to do that and I thought you should know.
There now that this week's business is done, we can move along to the fun.
1. Back to some semblance of routine. I love the holidays, but boy oh boy, they mess with my routine. After 10 days off of work, it was nice to find some routine to my days. Going to bed way too late, getting up way too late, drifting by the seat of my pants throughout the days, eating all over the place really made it difficult to get this back to work week started. But now it's starting to settle back to a nice rhythm. I find peace in that.
2. Energy starting to return. The past 9 months to a year I have had a definite lack of energy at times, some days I was tired right down to my bones. I knew I was down in my iron levels from my check up last year but thought I'd try to fix it with diet first. But being sick in the first weeks of December just wiped me out so I knew I had to do something else. I was getting up tired and going to bed exhausted every single day. So on recommendation from a couple of people I picked up this supplement. Boy it sure was not cheap but my hubby said if it did the job and I started to get my energy back it was worth it so I gave it a try. I do believe it just might be working. I don't feel so darn bone weary anymore, more like myself. We'll see from the blood test this week whether it really is working or just a good 'ole placebo effect but I am definitely not dragging like I was for so long. And a bonus blessing...I found a really good sale on it at a local health food store for my second round of it.
3. Freezer clean out. Now this may not mean a whole lot to anybody else but I finally took the bull by the horns and on a really cold day this week I unloaded the freezer into coolers and boxes and put it out on the deck and defrosted the big freezer. I am way too embarrassed to tell you how long it's been since the last time. Suffice it to say I may or may not have been able to build a small igloo out of ice I took out of there. The blessing was the job was not as big or hard as I thought it was going to be.
4. Soothing mint tea. My first step in cutting back on drinks with sugar in them including juices. During the holidays I had gotten way to used to ciders and hot chocolates and tropical juices. I've been starting to brew a nice hot cup of mint tea in the evenings when I feel like something to drink other than water. With it's delicious natural flavor I don't feel the need to even put honey into it. It tastes and smells wonderful and is so soothing to sip as I'm reading my book. Hopefully the habit will translate into more sweets being cut from my diet in the next couple of weeks.
5. Twisted Peppermint candle from Bath and Body Works. I've always loved the hand soap and body lotion with this seasonal smell but I'm really loving the candle with the same scent. One of my dayhome kids gave it to me for Christmas and I've been enjoying it almost every day. It's a warm and cool scent all at the same time. Cool from the peppermint and warm from the vanilla scent. And it's not overwhelming.
Those are five of my favorites for this week. What were yours?