Hello everyone! Well I'm sorry you all had to experience my little "oops" of last week. I must have been super excited about the conference with my head scattered in twenty directions to have not posted properly. But I will move past and start afresh this week.
1. The conference. What a great time of refreshing and encouragement it was for me. There really wasn't anything said that was totally new to me but the fresh perspective and examples and stories were really inspirational. The guest speaker, Donna Crouch from Hillsong in Australia, was really good. The worship was wonderful and it was fun to attend a conference with about 600 other women. The thing I love about a Christian women's conference is that it doesn't take a bunch of songs to get into God's presence, it doesn't take the speaker 1/2 before he starts to interact and draw in the crowd. Everyone is there because they are seeking the Lord and ready to receive to it gets going right off the bat and just builds throughout the 3 days. I took many notes and will transfer them to my notebook to mull over.
2. Attending the conference with my daughter. It was a special thing for me. Our first mother/daughter extended trip together. Our first woman's conference together. I can't believe she is now just about 20 and is officially falling into the woman category for conferences. LOL. Last year, being the bible college student she worked through the whole conference and I hardly saw her at all. It was wonderful to spend the time with her.
3. Wor Wonton Soup and the Hubby who ran to get the takeout. After coming home, I ended up waking in the middle of the night with a massive headache that lasted through to Monday. I didn't eat all Sunday but late in the afternoon I really started to crave a nice big bowl of Wor Wonton Soup and my gracious hubby ran out to get me some. It was so good and just what the doctor ordered. Or something like that. In other words, it hit the spot.
4. Operation Christmas Child boxes taken. I took about a dozen boxes to my gym for ladies to take and fill if they wanted and they have all gone. That just brings a smile to my face knowing 12 more kids living in poverty or war will be blessed in the coming year with a small gift to bring a smile to their faces.
5. A little extra time to read. Not sure how it happened but I was able to get in a little extra reading time this week which is always a favorite bonus for me.
What were your favorite blessings this week?
What a lovely thing to have your husband get just what the doctor ordered ;-) That soup looks quite tasty and well balanced.
Think of the blessing of those ladies who took the OCC boxes to fill, too, as they think of the children they will cheer. Wonderful!
And such a treat to enjoy a meaningful conference with your own growing-up daughter.
That's nice for you that you enjoyed this conference so much and then on top the first time with your daughter !
The best kind of doctor's order I've ever seen so far - yum and headache's gone. Conference with your daughter sounds fantastic.
that soup looks good! I've never had that kind before......I need to fix that!�� yay for going with your,precious daughter to the women's conference. that is indeed a blessing! I love extra time to read....I'm thinking tonight between trips to the door to pass out Halloween candy��
enjoy the weekend and warmer weather!
My first time joining in ages! Good to be back.
Your week sounds wonderful, esp the conference.
What a refreshing time! Extra special being a mother/daughter trip!
Sorry to hear you had such a terrible headache. Those can be debilitating. That soup does look yummy though. :)
This is our last weekend to get our OCC boxes together. Our church has a lot more this year than we have had in years past. I love to see all those boxes packed full of goodies!
Hope your weekend is delightful! :)
Next Saturday is our big OCC packing party. It's a joy for all involved, isn't it!!
Susanne, I am so glad that you and your daughter were able to attend this ladies conference together! Those times are always so special anyway, but to be able to experience it with your daughter just makes it even more special.
What a thoughtful hubby to go out and get the soup...it looks fantastic!
Reading anytime is always a blessing!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I love won ton soup and I haven't had it for a very long time! You are making me hungry! Have a wonderful day.
That's so wonderful that you got to share a special time with your daughter. It must have been a highlight for both of you. Your posts about Operation Christmas has inspired me to look for a way to get involved in my community. Last year I was way too late.
Have a great weekend, Susanne.
The conference sounds wonderful! I love what you said about not needing to get "worked up" into God's Presence, but everyone being ready to go and to receive. And how neat that your daughter could go as a participant!
I'm glad the wonton soup met the need and that your husband was willing to get it.
Extra reading time is always a plus.
I've always wanted to go to a ladies conference and take my daughters. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
Your hubby seems always so willing to help you!
I'm glad you had extra reading time. Everyone needs that!
Double blessing to attend the conference with your daughter. So glad you had a good week!
Post a Comment