Hello everyone! Well I'm sorry you all had to experience my little "oops" of last week. I must have been super excited about the conference with my head scattered in twenty directions to have not posted properly. But I will move past and start afresh this week.
1. The conference. What a great time of refreshing and encouragement it was for me. There really wasn't anything said that was totally new to me but the fresh perspective and examples and stories were really inspirational. The guest speaker, Donna Crouch from Hillsong in Australia, was really good. The worship was wonderful and it was fun to attend a conference with about 600 other women. The thing I love about a Christian women's conference is that it doesn't take a bunch of songs to get into God's presence, it doesn't take the speaker 1/2 before he starts to interact and draw in the crowd. Everyone is there because they are seeking the Lord and ready to receive to it gets going right off the bat and just builds throughout the 3 days. I took many notes and will transfer them to my notebook to mull over.
2. Attending the conference with my daughter. It was a special thing for me. Our first mother/daughter extended trip together. Our first woman's conference together. I can't believe she is now just about 20 and is officially falling into the woman category for conferences. LOL. Last year, being the bible college student she worked through the whole conference and I hardly saw her at all. It was wonderful to spend the time with her.
3. Wor Wonton Soup and the Hubby who ran to get the takeout. After coming home, I ended up waking in the middle of the night with a massive headache that lasted through to Monday. I didn't eat all Sunday but late in the afternoon I really started to crave a nice big bowl of Wor Wonton Soup and my gracious hubby ran out to get me some. It was so good and just what the doctor ordered. Or something like that. In other words, it hit the spot.
4. Operation Christmas Child boxes taken. I took about a dozen boxes to my gym for ladies to take and fill if they wanted and they have all gone. That just brings a smile to my face knowing 12 more kids living in poverty or war will be blessed in the coming year with a small gift to bring a smile to their faces.
5. A little extra time to read. Not sure how it happened but I was able to get in a little extra reading time this week which is always a favorite bonus for me.
What were your favorite blessings this week?