Friday, June 20, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #288
It Friday so that means time to look back and find the good things that were in our lives during the last week. Please join us as we share that which is good and that we are thankful for.
1. Celebrating 31 years being married to my Sweetheart. Hard to believe we have been married for 31 years already. There's been lots of ups and a few downs, a wonderful journey shared with a good man. By the grace of God, we've made it to 31 and by the grace of God we continue towards the next 31! Thankful for my man!
2. Fifa World Cup Soccer. I don't watch a lot of soccer but there is something about the world cup that is mesmerizing. Watching all those different countries represented, all playing one game. But what has been the real blessing in it is that it has given me something in common with my Dad. He loves soccer and has pretty much been glued to the tv. It's been fun to phone him up in some great games like with the Spain upset and ask "Are you watching this?" knowing darn well he is and then get to talk about it. He calls to tell me which games to watch for sure as they are expected to be good. Thankful that it has been a great connector for us!
3. Errands done with a friend. Saturday I had a list of errands and on the spur of the moment txted my friend and asked if she wanted to come along. She said yes, and it was actually a fun time shared. You know we had to stop for a Starbucks to take along with us and what would have been a chore turned into a really pleasant time. Thankful for good friends.
4. Bernard Callebaut Chocolates. A gift from my hubby for our anniversary along with these gorgeous flowers (from my favorite local flower shop). It was a nice and totally unexpected surprise!
5. A good night's sleep. After a couple of nights of not great sleep it was wonderful to have a really good sleep last night. When I don't get my sleep after a couple of days I end up with a whopping headache so it was imperative to my work day that I get a good night's rest and I'm so thankful I was able to. Made for a great day!
What were blessings in your life this week?