1. Celebrating finishing bible school. Sunday night we made the trip and celebrated with our youngest as she finished her year of bible college. It was a challenging year, with lots of hard work and lots of growing but she did it and we couldn't be prouder. It was a lot of fun to meet the friends she had made and just be there for her.
2. Bringing her home after being away for 8 months. Our other mission on the trip was to move her back home. Lot of work but it's nice to have her back. I knew I missed her but didn't realize exactly how much. I know she won't exactly be living in the house forever but for the moment I shall cherish this time for however long it may last.
3. Having our oldest daughter arrive back to her home safe and sound from a mission trip to Mexico. She went with her dance group and some of the youth from her church and in her words: "It was amazing!" And she knows me well because as soon as they crossed the border back into the States she texted to let me know. And then let me know when she was home. Was a load off my mind and I appreciate her knowing her mama was going to be trying not to worry.
4. Youngest showing an interest in learning to cook. This makes my heart happy. She rolled up her sleeves and I walked her through making my rolled meat loaf dinner. It turned out delicious and I can't wait to do another dinner with her. It was so much fun for me. I hope it was for her too. Did I mention I missed her? Now if I could just get my oldest back here I'd be one happy camper.
5. Lots of time with hubby on the weekend. It was nice to have time to get away together on the weekend. We left with plenty of time to stop for a nice lunch and just relax and enjoy getting away just the two of us. There was lots to laugh and talk about and was really enjoyable. I love those moments when we can steal some couple time away from our usual routines.
These were just a portion of a very busy and eventful week. It's one of those weeks where I could list more than five. Some weeks are not like that and I have to really search, but it's a good thing to look for blessings in our day to day. Whether it be easy or tougher, if we look we can come up with some, even if it's just one. The more you practice it, the easier it becomes even in harder times. Thanks for joining in with me!