The first week of January has come and gone. It has passed by quickly. Seems like I was just typing up last week's FFF. But here we are again with another opportunity to be thankful for the good things in our lives. Please join me sharing our 5 favorites from the week. If you're new here, you can take a look at the guidelines here.
Now onto my favorites from the week in no particular order:
1. Time away from electronics. This last week I was missing in action from all computer and tv related activities.Though really difficult and a real challenge for me it was good to step away for a few days altogether. Instead I read a lot, worked through some of the bible study our group is doing, spent extra time in the Word, prayed some, conversed with my hubby . I think I might do it more than once a year. I can get very caught up in staring at my electronic screens so it's good to walk away once in awhile. Keeps my perspective.
2. Cranberry Mulled Cider from 2nd Cup. My youngest bought me some cider mix for my birthday and I have been enjoying every warm sip. She hit it right on with this cinnamon-y drink for me. I enjoy it in the evenings when I don't drink coffee because of the caffienne. Tastes so good. A little tart, a little spicey. Smells delicious too!
3. Peppermint White Hot Chocolate. Yes, yes, I know I have 2 drinks on my list. And both came from 2nd Cup and ultimately from my youngest. This came in the gift package with the mulled cider. It was just one sampler packet but boy, it was sooo good! They say not to drink your calories, but I just can't resist!
4. Encouragement from the Word of God. I love when it seems God speaks directly to me or my situation from the Bible. There is so much encouragement to be found if we would only take some time to get into the Word. I love when seemingly out of the blue, as I'm reading in a spontaneous spot, there is something that very directly and with perfect timing seems written just for me. God desires to communicate with us and in His Word is where He does it most often. It is where we get to know His character.
5. A great Sunday service. Everything about it was really good, from the worship service to the message to the visiting afterwards. I can always tell when the service is really good because everyone seems to really hang around after and visit and no one wants to leave. Sunday was one of those days.
What have been your favorite blessings this week? Share them in a post and feel free to link up.