Can anyone believe it is into the middle of August already? Wow, this summer is just disappearing way too quickly. Which makes me glad that Friday's Fave Five is here to help me remember all those blessings that might otherwise just pass me by. Please join the group as we look back our week and find 5 blessings, big or small.
1. Farmer's Market. I love the farmer's market. The atmosphere, running into so many people I know, surrounded by locally grown fresh produce and products. It's a lot of fun. Too many times I forget to go but last weekend I made it and hubby came along which was an extra bonus. There is nothing like buying local grown, fresh produce. I mean take a look at this brocolli:
That is a floret, my readers, not a whole head! One floret! And it tasted sooo good. We've had it in salad, on a veggie tray and there is still enough to roast.
I came out with quite a haul, spent every penny of cash I took almost to the dollar. And this isn't even showing the big bag of potatoes or the corn or the sausage. Yikes, I really went all out. I lost my head as soon as got in the door. LOL. I already have big plans for creamy cauliflower soup, cabbage rolls, zucchini boats, sour cream cuke salad, and pan fried broccoli, baby potatoes with dill and butter, baby potatoes with parsley,etc., etc. etc. I did buy 2 different honeys to try, a clover/alfalfa and a dandelion. I've never had dandelion honey before. It is delicious. I'm going back for more!
2. Surprise gift from my darling youngest. Yesterday, on a smoking hot afternoon, she showed up bearing my new summer favorite from Starbucks. An ice-cold, venti sized Lime Refresher. I love this stuff and it was the perfect pick me up as I was wilting out in the heat. Cold and refreshing and a touch of caffeine, it perked me right up! Thanks, my sweet daughter!
3. Daytime Reading Time. Because it has been hot the last few days and the sun has come out from behind the clouds, I've been able to pull out the pool for the dayhome kids. It's one of my favorite summertime activities. They are happy to play in it for hours. So I can sit in sun or shade, close by watching and reading, putting my feet up. And yesterday drinking delicious drinks...See above #2.
4. Dental work finished. After two root canals within 6 months and crowns for both, I am very happy to be away from tooth aches and dentist visits. Sadly my bank account took a huge hit but my mouth finally feels good. I will spare you a picture. You're welcome. :v)
5. New bedding. My bed skirt and pillow shams are years old and I noticed in the last was one of the shams was starting to wear and show their age. In June when we were at a mall in the big city, I got a great deal (50% off) on a new duvet cover at a quilt store. I love the color and pattern and was excited for fall to come so I could use it. When I noticed a few weeks ago that my sham was starting to bite the dust I went to that same quilt store here in my city, and found that they had matching shams and a skirt to that duvet cover I had purchased in June. And it was 30% off. And it goes with my other duvet covers too. Triple blessing. I'll have a freshened up look come this fall for my bedroom.
Care to share what your favorites were from this past week?