It's Friday and that means it's time to exercise our "looking" muscles and expand our sense of gratefulness. Please join us as we share 5 blessings from our past week. Guidelines are here if you need them.
1. Caesar Salad lunch surprise. I love Caesar salad, especially from a restaurant here in town that makes their own homemade dressing fresh each morning. Hubby surprised me with a take out order of this delicious salad for lunch one day this week. And bonus: he asked for extra dressing so I can just toss up another salad with romaine lettuce I have here at home. Yum!
2. Clean laundry. I know. Weird. But I really do love a load freshly washed and dried. It just smells so nice and looks so neatly folded or hung. And laundry is one chore I don't mind. Now if I was in the time of boiling the water outside on a wood fire in a big cauldron and stirring it with a huge stick, I might not be so thrilled. But with the convenience of today's washers, yes I do love my fresh laundry.
3. A concert that exceeded expectations. My sister and I took our girls (my youngest) to a Michael Jackson impersonator. We weren't quite sure what to expect and were keeping our fingers crossed. It was excellent. He was very good and put on a full show complete with full band, lights and dancers. Fun to do something with my girl.
4. An opportunity to help a friend who has been good to me. It's hard to explain and I certainly don't want it to sound like bragging or pride but it was a privilege to help out a friend in a time of need this week. She could have called any one of a number of people but she called me and it was a blessing to be able to say yes I could take that off her shoulders and help. She has helped me out in the past and I felt so humbled that she felt confident enough in my friendship to be able to come and ask me. The give and take of good friendships is a wonderful thing.
5. A very short bout with a cold. The cold wasn't the blessing but the two day length of it sure was. As soon as I felt it coming on I started taking the cold fx and drinking a hot drink of cinnamon and honey and in two days it was gone. Praise God!
What are your favorites this week?
Oh and P.S. that meatloaf I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and some of you asked for the recipe? I finally got the recipe up here.