Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Thanks for joining in and looking for what was a blessing in your life this week, whether it be a some big blessings that wow you or small ones that get you through the day. If you're new you can find the guidelines link in the sidebar. The just join on in!
1. I Love Lucy. When the kids were young we used to watch this show all the time when it was on Nick at Nite, I think it was called at the time. I have wonderful memories of them laughing at all of Lucy's silly antics. All my now grown kids, especially the girls, have a soft spot this show and both my girls own their own copies of the full series of this show. My Youngest pulled it out this week and each evening the two of us have been enjoying some good laughs watching Lucy up to her antics.
2. Word Search Puzzles. Since I was a kid putting dibs on the once a week word search that came in the weekly funnies, I've loved doing these things. A few weeks ago I Costco had a nice hard cover, ring binded book of them 240 of them. All the puzzles have solutions that have to do with Canada. I've been in word search puzzle heaven since I bought it home, especially since I have to be putting my leg up and not running around all over the place. It's nice to pull out in the evenings.
3. A Shining New Discovery. Well at least for me. A friend of mine told me she cleans her whole house with, you won't believe it, Avon bubble bath. Her floors, her counters, her walls, her appliances. And her whole house sparkles and smells lovely. I smiled to appease her and thought yeah riiiiight. Well last week when Faith's prize package arrived in the mail, lo and behold she had included a little bottle of Avon bubble bath. So after indulging in a lovely soak and a good read with said bubble bath, I remembered it when I was going to wipe down my counters for the night. I added a few drops to some fairly warm water and proceeded in the usual manner. It smelt luscious and when I paused and took a look my stove, fan hood and counter tops were gleaming, my stainless steel toaster, tea kettle and chrome was shiny and the white fridge and dishwasher was sparkling clean. Even our dark wood dining table was streak free and gorgeous. All without rinsing. I am in shock. A wonderfully, happy shock. Tomorrow I'm gonna try the floors and see what happens. Did anyone else know this hidden gem of a secret?
4. Did I mention a dark wood dining set? When we made our kitchen renovations from a beige - yellowy oak color to the darker browns, we knew eventually we'd be getting a new dining set because the yellowy oak totally did not go anymore. Add to that fact, the chairs backs kept popping out and hubby was forever gluing them back in and the top finish was never good. After searching since the fall, and much discussion about whether we should get one right now or hold off, we went for it and bought a lovely set at Costco. It was a really great price, much less than what we were finding in the furniture stores and right in our budget. The dark color sort of scared me, but after a few days of living with it, I totally love it.
Updated: For those who asked, here's a pic of the new dining set. What you can't see in the picture is that the table legs are also in the shape of an "X". I love it. Looks so much better with the new floors and cabinets.
5. A movie night at ladies group. I love belonging to a bible study group that can also take an evening off to do something fun together. It helps to build our friendship and relationships beyond studying and really melds us together. It's a great group!
What have your favorites been this week?