Hi to all my Friday friends! I can't believe it's already Friday. I didn't even post this week! How on earth did that happen? I feel like I'm in a bit of a blogging slump in all honesty. I just don't feel like I have anything worthwhile to share or to say. It probably doesn't help that it's my really busy time with church responsibilities. I know it won't last but right now it is what it is. But I do know I can look for blessing through my week and share them. And that makes me happy! So please join me. If you have never read the guidelines and are just joining us, welcome. Pop on over here, it's just a short read and then jump right in!
1. Children's laughter. Oh how this has lifted me this week. When a 3 year old starts with the full on giggles it is a great stress reliever for me.
2. This creative idea that my friend Karen, from Over the Backyard Fence, posted. Got a large picture you don't know what do with? Karen reworked hers to make a whole new wall arrangement that looks great. And it's not a big complicated thing! Good job, Karen. Thanks for the idea.
3. A few mornings in each week where I actually don't have to get up until 6:50 am. What a difference that extra 20 - 25 minutes makes. You wouldn't think so but it sure does.
4. A hot cup of coffee waiting for me most mornings. Hubby, who gets up earlier than me trys to make sure there is always a cup ready for me when I get up. That is a huge blessing to me. I can be a wee bit grumpy without that coffee much like this guy.
Except I don't own a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers.
5. Home baked chocolate chip cookies not baked by me. You all know how much I love to bake. Not. But that doesn't mean I don't like to indulge in fresh baking. Younger Daughter baked a batch of warm delicious chocolate chip cookies out of the blue last night. Yummy! And she cleaned up. An extra huge blessing!
As I look at my blessings this week, they might be considered small by some. They certainly weren't earth shattering, life changing, thunderbolt flashing obvious. But nonetheless, they were blessings in my week. They gave me moments to feel uplifted, cared about or brought a smile. You know, the kind that most weeks are like. Sometimes I think I look so hard for those big, obvious ones that I miss the little ones that keep life going and joyful. FFF helps me to notice them all each week. What were your blessings this week?