Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fun, fun, fun

Remember what I did last year on holidays?  A reminder in case you don't remember:


Well, this is what I did this year, but before you run the video I just want to make a disclaimer.  If one is going for a fashion statement, harnesses are not the way to go.  If one is looking to make it across a canyon with a bear in it,  351 feet high in the air, then one will overlook the unflattering things they do.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

 
(Highest zip line in North America, 3rd highest in the world as of 2012.  351 ft over a beautiful canyon)

10 comments:

nikkipolani said...

I'm amazed that you thought of harnesses... I'd be screaming off the top of my head! But it looks like you had fun indeed.

Susanne said...

LOL, never thought of the look of harnesses until I came home and saw the videos. Let's just say I didn't post the most unflattering ones. Those will remain in my private collection to be viewed only by moi! LOL.

Barbara H. said...

You are a MUCH braver woman than I am! And I am talking about the zip-line, not the harness! The harness doesn't look bad at all -- just a piece (a necessary piece) of equipment.

Karen said...

This is awesome, Susanne! I'm so impressed that you did this! I'm so afraid of heights and a real 'fraidy cat. How fun for you!

Susanne said...

I graciously did not post the video that showed the wonderfulness of what a harness does as viewed from the back. I figured I'd spare you all that horror. LOL.

Susanne said...

I was pretty nervous driving there and wondering what the heck I got my self into, especially when I saw that it was so high you had to take a logging road to get there, but once I took that first step off, it was totally awesome. I even almost managed to hang totally upside down on the one where they want you to do that. Got my feet up but just couldn't get my hands to let go.

Laura said...

Oh wow, that is crazy! Not sure I could have done it because I'm a big chicken head :) Is that in Alberta? My son would love it!

Susanne said...

Laura, it's in Peachland, B.C. It's called ZipZone

Faith said...

OMGOSH!!! you look fine, first of all!! and that looks like AWESOME FUN!!! whoo hoo...good for you susanne!!!!

Paula said...

I wanted to parasail at the beach this year, but I didn't fet around to it. Maybe next year. Looks like you had a blast!