Hello! It's Friday and I'm excited to be back at FFF. I've missed you all and I totally missed reading all your favorites from last week. It's been a crazy busy week this last week. I haven't even had a chance to wind down from holidays and I was right back to work. And on top of that I've been unloading kitchen cupboards and trying to find where to temporarily put everything. Hubby's been tearing out the old cupboards and fixing the walls in readiness of the new ones. While he's doing that I've been trying to amuse and feed the dayhome kids without a kitchen. It's been....interesting. Yes, we shall use the word interesting. But moving back to FFF, here's guidelines if you need them.
1. Of course, family holidays are at the top of my list for the last week. I'll never take for granted that my grown kids still enjoying come with us on a holiday. We went back to beautiful Okanagan Valley, made the city of Kelowna home base and went adventuring out from there. Beautiful, beautiful area. I can't get enough of it.
2. Biking the Kettle Valley Trestles. What an incredible ride. A brutal forestry road drive of 8 kms brings us to these amazing railway trestles that you can now hike and bike over. We really wanted to bike it, because we like biking and because we wanted to go all 24 kms (12 kms each way). So glad we did.
The views were stunning. That's the city of Kelowna in the valley in the background.
Trestles we'd already passed over.
One of the longer curved trestles.
One of several tunnels.
And yes, we are those people that can't leave the dog behind. And why yes, that is a baby carrier he is in. He loved every minute and didn't protest once. Actually the hotel won't let you leave a pet behind for so long when you're so far away and it was too hot to leave him in the car so we had to get creative if we wanted to bike it.
How else could I get this great shot of best friends.
3. Ziplining in Peachland. Whoo hoo, I did it. On the highest zipline in north America, third highest in the world. So much fun! I'd do it again in a minute.
I was a tad nervous on the first one. Can you tell?
But I stepped off and did it. Proof right here.
4. Beach time. Visited our favorite beach in Summerland. Soaked up some sun, water and read almost 3 books over the holiday. Perfect!
5. Finding an awesome little family restaurant. Part of the fun of holidaying is all the eating out. I'm just being honest here It's a favorite thing to do as a family. We stopped along the highway after ziplining just outside of Peachland at this cute little restaurant that we've passed by every time we visit the Okanagan. It's right on the highway with the lake right in front of them. English pub food the sign said so we gave it a try. Oh my goodness. What a hidden treasure. We ate on the patio, the owner even let us take the dog out there, one table was just finishing up and didn't mind. My oldest & I ordered spinach, mushroom and brie pie, Youngest ordered chicken, leek, tarragon pie, son ordered Pigs wings, and Hubby ordered fish and chips. Everything was absolutely delicious. We went back the next day after the beach because we just had to try their awesome sounding burgers. And we weren't disappointed. Yummy. I noticed the menu is a bit different on the link, more English stuff like lamb in the shepard's pie, not beef, and more burger choices but you get the idea.
update: Here's what Pig's Wings are, from a link on the internet. I didn't take a pic cause my camera was in the car.
And I haven't even mentioned going to the orchards, eating enough peaches to feed a small country, shopping, walking and enjoying quiet down time at the hotel while the kids made good use of the indoor and outdoor pools. Sigh. I love holidays when we can get away somewhere.
What have been your favorites this week? Please link on if you do an FFF post!