Monday, July 09, 2012

Daybook 9/7/12


I am participating with others in writing The Simple Woman's Daybook.  To join in you can visit here.


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's gonna be a warm one.  We've finally got consistent hot weather.  Though to some of you our hot weather is probably a breath of relief for you.  It will be 32*C today.  That would 89.6*F.  To me that is smoking hot.  The air conditioner has already come on this morning at 6:30 a.m.  My flowers are actually starting to finally take off.  They needed some sun and heat.

I am thinking... Not a whole lot as yet.  My brain has not quite kicked in for the day.  

I am thankful...That my Mom is still with us.  She turns 80 today!  And she is still not doing to bad considering her age.  I'm so thankful for her.

In the kitchen...nothing today, we're taking my Mom out.  The rest of the week I'm thinking simple as possible:  Greek spaghetti, grilled hot dogs, Brenda's tamale balls,  Faith's Tuscan Parmesan Pork Chops

I am creating...a few bible study's suited to our Ladies group that we can do over the summer.   From the book "Praying the Names of Jesus" by Ann Spangler.  I'm learning lots!

I am going...to do at least 4 walks this week

I am wondering...if I should get my Mom something other than dinner out for her birthday.  She says she doesn't want anything but it just doesn't feel right.

I am reading..."Waiting for Morning" by Karen Kingsbury (grabbed me right off the bat), "100 Days that Changed Canada" by Mark Reid (very interesting),  "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas (chock full of really good stuff).

I am hoping...this cabinet reno can be done on my maintenance week, otherwise it's going to be a nightmare with dayhome going.

I am looking forward to...my dayhome closure at the end of the month.  Even though I'll still be busy cleaning, painting, and sorting of my dayhome paraphenilia, it will still seem like time off because of no schedule that I'm forced to keep and no kids taking over house.

I am learning...that I can take my time with big decisions

Around the house...hubby is continuing to fix the deck, I really need to clean the craft room, 

I am pondering...cabinet choices, countertop choices, inside cupboard and drawer choices.  My brain is boggled!

A favorite quote for today...


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock
        

One of my favorite things...soft ice cream dipped in chocolate on a hot summer day

A few plans for the rest of the week: not a lot on my plate this week except surviving the heat, laundry and a trip to the library to return dvd's

A peek into my day...




definitely plans to have water play happening

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Stay cool and have a good week Susanne. I'm going to be off the radar for a few days as I'm headed to Canada. Even my cell phone gets shut down...weird.

Theresa said...

The picture is hilarious! Thanks for the smile :)

Faith said...

I love the pic!! and guess what? our NY heat and humidity broke and the temps are only in the high 70s.....sunny..perfect! all my windows are open and I am loving it!! That quote is one I had as my status about a week ago!! i LOVE it!! So you are liking Sacred Marriage?? i had such a tough time getting into that one but I did LOVE Sacred Pathways. Enjoyed the daybook.....mine is finally up!

Barbara H. said...

We've had several days in the 100s, so 89 sound pretty good!

Hope your cabinet renovations go well, quickly and uncomplicatedly!

That picture is hilarious!