Welcome to Friday's Fave Five featuring Easter week! How was your Easter? Have you reflected back over your week and found some blessings to share? If you need guidelines for posting, you can go here first and then just jump right in! Didn't have such a great week? I encourage you to try to look for the blessings that are not so obvious. Sometimes once you start looking and find just one, more tend to be found. Looking for what is good or that uplifts us helps us when the times are tough.
1. My family together for the holiday. This is always something I am really thankful for because I know it can change at any holiday. It's just wonderful to hear them all chatting and laughing together. We don't plan a whole lot when my oldest daughter comes home, mostly playing it by ear, depending on her. She leads a very busy life and when she comes home she just likes to kick back and relax. Which is fine by me.
2. A four day weekend. I always take Good Friday - Easter Monday off and it sure is wonderful having that extra long weekend. Though one of my parents did forget about the Monday even though they'd been reminded and showed up at my door. I'm sure the shock of seeing me in my housecoat, no make up and hair barely combed was enough to scare him into remembering for next year. LOL.
3. Easter Sunday Service. I will be honest. I haven't attended Easter Sunday service in quite some time. Last year Hubby's mom passed away on Easter Sunday morning and for years before that I stayed home to do the cooking for about a dozen people. But this year I just really felt I needed and wanted to change that pattern. And I'm glad I did. Even though it threw my cooking timing for a loop I know that will fix itself. The service was so worth it. Remembering and honoring the Lord with other believers for what He did giving us New Life in Him was definitely a highlight of the weekend.
4. The sprinkling of the Starbucks. I know spring is here and it will soon be time to prepare the flowerbed and welcome flowers when I start sprinkling the Starbucks coffee grounds onto the soil. Here they give away used coffee grounds in all the locations and it is free and good for the soil adding nutrients.
5. Dressing up for Easter. Shock of all shocks, I actually put on a dress for Easter service. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress other than a wedding a couple years back. It was sort of fun getting all dressed up. Definitely made me feel springy. LOL.
Join us by doing a post and sharing your Five and then link that post to Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Hopefully it's nice and springy wherever you are.