Friday, January 06, 2012
Friday's Fave Five # 172
Welcome everyone to the first Fave Five of the New Year. A new year of finding the blessings in our everyday, in our normal days as well as special days. I noticed in the last few weeks there have been some new comers and I welcome you as well as my friends who have been so faithful each week or month. If you need the guidelines just pop on over here before you start and then join right in!
1. New Year's at my sister's. We've gone there the last I don't know how many years, it's sort of become the tradition. This year we played a wild game of Balderdash. And I say that tongue in cheek because it took us 3 hours to finish one round. One of us who shall remain nameless took forever. But it was fun because it became the running joke of the night. Lots of teasing and laughs got us past midnight.
2. Easing back into work. After so many days off sometimes it's really hard to get back into the routine, both for me and for the dayhome kids. But it was a fairly easy transition with no tears or clinging which is always a blessing.
3. Vick's VapoRub. What would I have done this week without this stuff?!
4. Christmas decorations packed away. I love Christmas decorations. At the beginning of December, I love getting them out and putting them up. But by New Year's I'm ready to have my house back to normal. Everything is all packed and put away for another year. And it feels good.
5. Cozy throw blankets. With all the crazy winds blowing around here I am very grateful to have some cozy warm throw blankets to bury under in the evenings.
What are your favorites for the last week? Join us in celebrating blessings in our lives with a post of your own and then sign your post url into the Mr. Linky. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!