Friday, June 17, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #143
It's Friday so a big welcome to everyone who is joining me in looking back over our week and finding the blessings, the smiles, the joy, the good. Please share with us your five favorites. For more guidelines if you are new, you can read this over quickly, and then just join right in. Remember, this exercise is to look for blessings, whether you are having a good week or bad. My hope is that in encouraging you to do that, that it may uplift you and that we all may become more thankful in realizing the good things in our lives. And on that note my five:
1. Sunday company. Our first bbq of the year with company! It was so much fun having a family from church for lunch, firing up the grill and having a great meal. Burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, beans, ceasar salad, watermelon and chocolate marble cake with banana glaze all scream summer to me and they were delicious. The company was fun and the sun co-operated and showed up too.
2. Banana glaze. Wondering what to put on the cake mentioned above, Younger Girl and I decided to make a bundt cake with a glaze. There was a bunch of bananas sitting on the counter and it hit me: bananas and chocolate are a match made in heaven so I whizzed a banana up in a 1 cup processor until smooth with couople of drops of half and half. Then I added powdered sugar until it was a nice glaze consistency and pulsed it until it was smooth. It was a hit and I ended up putting the extra on the plate and everyone scooped extra onto the cake. Next time I think I'll add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
3. A beloved cat purring in my ear as she sits by my shoulder. Such a simple pleasure but one that makes me feel warm and cuddly and makes me smile. There is something relaxing about the rumblings of a purr.
4. Lemon Tart hand lotion. It smells absolutely luscious.
5. Friday. I'm so glad it's Friday. I don't think I even need to write anymore about that.
Did you find some favorite things from your week? Write a post and share them then link on up and join in on visiting others who are sharing their blessings.
Have a wonderful weekend!