Friday, June 17, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #143
It's Friday so a big welcome to everyone who is joining me in looking back over our week and finding the blessings, the smiles, the joy, the good. Please share with us your five favorites. For more guidelines if you are new, you can read this over quickly, and then just join right in. Remember, this exercise is to look for blessings, whether you are having a good week or bad. My hope is that in encouraging you to do that, that it may uplift you and that we all may become more thankful in realizing the good things in our lives. And on that note my five:
1. Sunday company. Our first bbq of the year with company! It was so much fun having a family from church for lunch, firing up the grill and having a great meal. Burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, beans, ceasar salad, watermelon and chocolate marble cake with banana glaze all scream summer to me and they were delicious. The company was fun and the sun co-operated and showed up too.
2. Banana glaze. Wondering what to put on the cake mentioned above, Younger Girl and I decided to make a bundt cake with a glaze. There was a bunch of bananas sitting on the counter and it hit me: bananas and chocolate are a match made in heaven so I whizzed a banana up in a 1 cup processor until smooth with couople of drops of half and half. Then I added powdered sugar until it was a nice glaze consistency and pulsed it until it was smooth. It was a hit and I ended up putting the extra on the plate and everyone scooped extra onto the cake. Next time I think I'll add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
3. A beloved cat purring in my ear as she sits by my shoulder. Such a simple pleasure but one that makes me feel warm and cuddly and makes me smile. There is something relaxing about the rumblings of a purr.
4. Lemon Tart hand lotion. It smells absolutely luscious.
5. Friday. I'm so glad it's Friday. I don't think I even need to write anymore about that.
Did you find some favorite things from your week? Write a post and share them then link on up and join in on visiting others who are sharing their blessings.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I love your kitty! She's (he?) beautiful! Snuggling with such a cutie sounds wonderful. Happy Friday to you!
Lemon Tart lotion? sounds lovely..and what a sweet cat :)
Your banana glaze sounds awesomely delicious. Putting in cinnamon would be a tasty addition.
I love bbqs and Sunday company esp with such yummy summer foods and even some sun.
your cake sounds delish! And I love a cat purring and sleeping on me too. It's very relaxing..almost like a mini massage.
Sounds like you had a wonderful week. I don't like banana but you made your banana glaze sound so yummy :). Your cat is cute. Have a blessed weekend!
cute kitty!! and I LOVE summer company with summer foods!! fun....too funny that you mentioned a lemon lotion...i mentioned a lemon body wash...and did my post last nite, so NO i didn't steal your idea...hahah....:) great list susanne...the cake sounds yummy!!
Your bbq sounds like such fun. And so delicious. I would have been one who scooped up the banana glaze for sure. I'm impressed that you just whipped it up; I must have a recipe for everything I make. ha. (I lack imagination in the kitchen.)
The bbq makes me feel like summer - even though our weather hasn't been cooperating.
Purring kitties - I love them too :)
Nice idea for your cake! I'll keep that in mind instead of just plain icing.
Hope you have an enjoyable and rest-filled weekend - with some sun!!
Thanks for being such a faithful FFF hostess Susanne!
The BBQ sounds great and it's always good to get to know folks from church a bit better.
The banana glaze sounds yummy!
I wish we could have a kitty sometimes, but one of my sons is allergic to them.
I love Fridays as well! Have a good one!
BBQ sounds like a great way to kick off the summer. Glad you had so much fun. The cake sounds yummy too. I love banana dipped in chocolate so I think I would of loved the taste of this cake.
We have not had our first summer BBQ yet because of an unusually cold start to the summer, but I can't wait.
You know me, a purring cat always does it for me as well :)
Such a cute calico! And that cake sounds wonderful. Enjoy your Friday and beyond!
Loving these simple pleasures, Susanne. Great idea for that banana glaze! And you know I love the purring kitty :-)
Sunday company is usually fun...just because no one seems to be in a hurry. I like that.
It's Friday INDEED! Out of town this weekend but wanted to say Happy Friday to you! =) Because it is that!
I loved reading about your 5 picks for the week.
The glaze sounds good.
Glad the sun cooperated with your BBQ plans!
The bbq meal sounds great - making me hungry! I'm ready to plan a fun get together with friends after reading this.
What a pretty cat, and a sweet pet.
Have a good week!!
The banana glaze soinds interesting. I need to try it.
I know what you mean about a purring cat. I don't hav eone now but used to and the warmth of her body on my lap and the droning purr always made me relax so much I could fall asleep.
Your cat is so beautiful!
Love your list - makes me hungry! I got a bit behind this week but hope to join in again next Friday. :)
Outdoor entertaining is so fun, and your menu sounds fantastic. Banana glaze was brilliant, light and summery.
I love your sweet kitty, and Friday found me doing a happy dance this week, too!
Post a Comment