Friday, June 10, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #142
Good morning everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Fives. Please join in as we take a look back over our week and look for those things in our lives that were a blessing in some way to us and then share 5 of them. I'm posting the Linky for now and will join up myself in a little bit. So please go ahead and start!
Whoo, I finally have a chance to catch my breath and do this. We had an issue with the car last night and I didn't get home until really late by which time I was so flustered that the whole thing had happened I completely forgot to finish my post and put it up. But in spite of that there is blessings that occured during the week.
1. Better grades than expected for T. in social studies. Social is not one of her favorite subjects and it was a nice to surprise to discover she had done better than thought. Congrats, T!
2. Mango iced tea. T. mixed some mango juice into the iced tea and boy was it good! I think that just might become a staple this summer in the Living to Tell household.
3. Sunshine. Yipee we finally woke up to sunshine. We have had so much rain and cloudy days the last few weeks. And cold temps at night! It was absolutely wonderful to see that cheery sunshine this morning. Maybe now the flowers and tomatoes can get growing. Nice weather will also get me outside with the camera which I've really been missing!
4. Money back in my pocket. Remember last week I mentioned the new patio furniture we purchased? This last week I happened to be back in the store and saw it had gone on sale. So I inquired at the customer service desk and they refunded me the difference. Yipee. A lot of the bigger stores around here will do that within a certain time frame. Coffee and reading at the table will be all the more enjoyable now.
5. Flowers in their pots. I love potted summer flowers in pots. I love when I visit others and get to look at their pots of flowers and what kinds they have used and see the flowers spilling over. When I go walking or bike riding I'm always on the lookout for everybody's flower pot displays. It just brings a smile to my face and I never get tired of it.
What have been your favorite blessings from the week? What has made you smile or bought a positive or happy moment to what might otherwise be a difficult week? Or if you've had a great week, what has been the best moments that you want to remember? Join on in and take a moment to visit others participating too. It's amazing how much it makes you start looking for the good throughout the day.
Have a great weekend everyone!