Sunday, March 20, 2011
Spring Reading Thing 2011
Today is the first day of spring and that means the Spring Reading Thing of 2011 is underway! It's a fun, low-key challenge to get some reading done! You can go here for some of the details. Again this spring my choices are going to be a bit of a mish mash of goals. I have some that will be review books, some non-fiction which is always a challenge for me, and I'm adding some out of my book basket because it is starting to overflow and then, of course, I will have some from the library that I just couldn't leave behind. As always there will be a couple of spaces to add review books as I get the requests. So far this year I am reading at a slower pace than last year so I'm hoping I get through this list. So many books I want to read and I have so much less time than I would like. Looking forward to reading all your lists too, and I'm sure I will be adding to my want to read list as I do that. But here's my choices for this spring:
1. "Lazarus Awakening" by Joanna Weaver - (for review). Finding your place in the heart of God.
2. "Feed Your Pet Right" by Marion Nestle (finishing). Because we're trying to make up our minds about the commercial dog food industry.
3. "How to Raise the Perfect Dog Through Puppyhood and Beyond" by Cesar Millan - I wanted some specific suggestions for certain things and I like his show, so the book seemed the obvious choice.
4. "God's Guest List - Welcoming Those Who Influence Our Lives" by Debbie Macomber - I'm pretty sure my friend Faith reviewed and recommended this one, but I couldn't find the post to link to. Okay, so Faith just let me know it wasn't her. Well, I have no idea then where I saw this but I know they said it was good. LOL.
5. "The Kitchen Boy - A Novel of the Last Tsar" by Robert Alexander- reviewed by Carrie and it sounded like something I would really like.
6. "Undressing the Moon" by T. Greenwood - looked interesting on the library shelf so into the bag it went
7. "Secrets" by Robin Jones Gunn - choice from my book basket
8. "Standing in the Rainbow" by Fannie Flagg - choice from the book basket. I think it was on the fall into reading list too. Oh well.
9. "The Midwife of St. Petersburg" by Linda Lee Chaikin - from my book basket
10. "Unlocked" by Karen Kingsbury (finishing from my book basket)
11. "The Purple Book" by Rice Broocks & Steve Murrell - study in discipleship that my ladies group is doing
12. "Experiencing the Ressurection" by Henry & Mel Blackaby - getting myself focused on the meaning of Easter
So there you have it. I better get to it. If you'd like to join the challenge or find some great reads, check out the link at Callapider Days, our hostess.