Friday, April 01, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #133
Welcome to Friday and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to look back over our week and share some of those blessings that have touched our lives. Looking with intention for blessings even when we have hard weeks helps us to keep perspective and uplifts us, giving us strength to keep on keeping on. If our week is great, it helps to keep us thankful. Please join us this week. For guidelines you can go here. And now to go on to looking for blessings and try to forget that it's April 1st. I totally do not enjoy April Fool's Day. So focusing my mind now:
1. The novel "Unlocked" by Karen Kingsbury. Review is here. Scroll down to #7. This was on my Spring Reading Thing list and I was looking forward to reading it. It didn't disappoint. I thought it was a great read.
2. A beautiful sunny, spring day! It was glorious being outside with the kids and dog playing in the backyard for a few hours today. I got a good fill of the warmth before the predicted "light" snow that is to come on Sunday. **Edited to add: I knew I needed to be thankful for that beautiful day and soak in every minute I could because, believe it or not, we are now under a winter storm watch for the weekend. Sigh. The weatherman really needs to get the memo that it IS SPRING!
3. Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks delivered by a sweet parent when they brought their child one morning. I love Starbuck's Chai, nice and spicy, and I love the thought that a parent wanted to be a blessing to me.
4. Getting back to regular walks with the dog. Had to hold off on our longer walks for about a week after his "boy dog surgery". Hubby and I had a good laugh. On the vet paper it said no long walks and no jumping for about 7 days after surgery. Tell me how you keep a rambunctious puppy from jumping on furniture and running around. The day after the anisthetic wore off he was ripping around all over the place no matter what we did. Anyway, I missed the long walks over the week we didn't do them and can't wait to build back up and surpass our 2 miles a day.
5. Pasta Carbonara. I have never had this wonderful creation before. I made it last night for the first time. Oh yum, is all I can say.
What have been five of your blessings this last week? Share them in a post and link on up so that we can come and visit.