Friday, March 25, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #132
It's Friday and welcome to FFF! Please join in as we look back over our week and take note of blessings, large or small, that have touched us as we walk through our days. If you are new, the guidelines are here, otherwise just jump right in!
1. One of my all time favorite books from a Christian author is again available as an ebook in Kindle or Nook format. I have read this book at least 3 times and I still love it just as much each time. I think I'm due for another reread soon. A blurb about it, reviews and ordering info is available here. I'd say a heck of a deal at only $2.99.
2. Beautiful mornings. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week we woke up to snow. Yes, snow. So it was donning the winter coat and going outside early in the morning to shovel before the dayhome parents came. That wasn't necessarily the favorite part but the peace and calmness out there was. It was beautiful, hovering around zero but absolutely calm and the birds chirping their songs made for a peaceful time before the chaos of the day.
3. Volunteering with my daughter. T and I spent a few hours volunteering together last Saturday afternoon and I must say I really enjoyed it. Chopping vegetables and cutting desserts and then serving food at a downtown soup kitchen with my girl was a great experience. And one that I am looking forward to repeating.
4. Making a dent in the purging of the craft room. Being a child care provider I tend to hang onto all sorts of ridiculous things that most of you immediately throw out with the idea they might be good for some kind of craft. So very soon it becomes an overwhelming amount of stuff. I finally put my foot down about some things and ruthlessly threw out a ton of stuff. And I've only just begun but it's encouraging already. I can hardly wait until it's finished.
5. Fresh, herby smelling candles. With the putting away of the winter decorations, I also put away the "heavier, thicker" scented candles are brought out the lighter, herb smells I like in the spring. My favorite is Basil Nectarine from Yankee Candle.
What were your blessings from the week? Was it a week full of wonderful goings on and you have to contain yourself to write down just five or were you having a harder week where you really had to be aware and look harder? Either way it is a good thing to remember them as it makes us more aware of all the ways God touches our lives. We all want the really great weeks, where the blessings are big and obvious, where it is easy to remember them and write about them, but being in the habit of doing the exercise helps those hard weeks we all at some point face, where we have to dig deep and search for them amidst the trouble. It is in those weeks that the simple, everyday graces of God show through. My prayer is that whatever kind of week you are having you may find those ways that God is trying to say He loves you in the midst of your everydays.
Please join us and do a post and link up. It's a blessing to visit and read all your favorite things from your weeks.