Friday, December 10, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #117
Hi everyone, welcome to Friday's Fave Five. This is where we look back over our week's and find those things that were blessings in our lives. Sometimes it's easy, and sometimes, like for me this week, it is hard. But there are blessings in our everyday if we are but aware enough to look for them. So let's do it! :v)
If you are new and need the guidelines, they are here.
1. Kind Words. Thank you to everyone who wrote me kind and emphatic words on this post. It really did help me get to this Friday. Words, good kind uplifting words, are a precious gift indeed! Thank you.
2. The Sing Off. Apparently this is season 2, but I just found it. I. Love. This. Show! It is accapella groups competing. It is hard to believe there is not one instrument, only voices. Pure incredible talent. I like to think I will sing like that in heaven, cause right now I'm just sorta making a "joyful noise" unto the Lord. Anyway, dare I say I'm actually liking it way better than American Idol? Yes, yes I am. My favorites are Committed and BackBeat. Here's the opening number that all the groups did on the first night of the season.
3. Toned-Down Christmas Decorating. I made a decision at the end of November that I was going to tone down on the decorating a bit this year. With all the stress we were under with our dog and Hubby's mom having health issues, the thought of decorating clutter seemed almost suffocating and overwhelming. And it's always a bit of added stress to try to figure out where to put everything. It just seems to be more and more each year. So I pared it down, putting out only that which I really love or what spoke to my heart. And you know, I really like it. Another step in my "simplify" goal.
4. The first batch of Christmas Cookies. Out of the oven and being gobbled up by my baking deprived family. They are raving about them, saying they are the best shortbread. Ever. I used this recipe. Now mine did not come quite as easily as described. I used new measuring cups and I don't think they were accurate. My dough was on the dry side and would not roll. But I made the rolls as best as possible in plastic wrap. They don't look as lovely but they sure taste wonderful. This is now my "keeper" shortbread recipe.
5. The simple pleasure of sitting in the dark with just the Christmas tree lit and sipping on a hot tea or apple cider. The peace of those moments is priceless.
Please join us with a post of your own and link up so that we may come and visit.