1. An unexpected hug & kiss from my Youngest Girl. Seeing she's a teenager, sometimes those are hard to come by, but she blessed me with them as she was headed out the door to school. Made my morning.
2. Having my daughter arrive safe and sound for Thanksgiving. It's about a 6 1/2 drive depending on how many times one stops, and it's the first time she drove it all by herself with no one else in the car. It was a bit of a nerve wracking afternoon for me, but praise God, she made it. What a blessing to see her drive up!
3. Surrounded by family. One of the things I love about Thanksgiving is being surrounded by family. Sometimes we don't see other for awhile but this holiday always seems to draw us together. It was wonderful to have the house full of loved ones.
4. The great meal and the abundance of it. Another yummy meal with way too much food as usual. Sometimes I think I take for granted how blessed we really are when it comes to food. I tend to whine and complain that my grocery budget never goes far enough to get everything on my list and yet somehow we are always well fed and at holidays like this, as I look at all the food on our table, I think of those who don't have near what we have and those who will go hungry that day and it really makes me ashamed of my complaining. We are truly blessed to be where we are.
5. Having an encouraging friend in my life. I have been blessed to have a friend who really is a huge encouragement to me. I have attempted things that maybe I wouldn't have before, have stepped out of my comfort zone in different areas, have ventured into new waters because of the gift of her encouragement. I hope I can encourage another in the same way and be a blessing to them.
What have your favorite blessings been this week? If you do a post, please link on so we can come and visit.