Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Join us for looking back over our weeks and finding our five favorite things. If you need details take a peek here first and then just join on in! This look back over the week looking for the good things is all at once hard for me this week but also exactly what I need. It's a good habit to look for the good things of life, those things, those people, those moments that God has blessed us with.
1. 3 lbs. lost in spite of the fact that my sad week culminated in a total no-control, no-holds barred pig out the other night. I'm an emotional eater and have totally fought that all my life. I did pretty good this past couple of weeks, really trying hard not to find the happy in the food, but Wednesday night I just gave in to it. But when I weighed Thursday morning, imagine my surprise when there was 3 lbs. missing. Now that made me happy! So please don't rain on my parade and give me some reasonable explanation. Just work with me on this one. LOL.
2. K. being chosen valedictorian. As you may or may not know, my oldest daughter, K., has been away at bible school for the past two years. It's a very, very small church affiliated bible school but she has done this Mom and Dad very proud over the last couple of years. It's been very exciting seeing her grow and get grounded in the Word of God and to see her mature and develop her own faith. We've seen her challenged and excited as they've done some mission trips and watched her take on her studies with great passion. The students have chosen her to be the valedictorian for the end of the year banquet. We're very proud of her. Congratulations, K.!
3. Getting the grill fired up for the first time. I finally got the bbq going this last week and have used it twice already. I love bbq'd food. And this year I'm determined to give a lot more recipes with grilled veggies a try. I've got corn in my fridge awaiting it's turn.
4. Roasted Asparagus. Fresh asparagus, extravirgin olive oil, a dash of salt, fresh ground pepper, a couple pinches of italian seasoning and freshly shredded parmesan cheese (not the powdered stuff but the real shredded stuff in the deli department). Bake in a single layer on a baking sheet at 425*F for 10 minutes. My mouth waters as I think of it.
5. It's Friday, the start to a long weekend. I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I have great plans for a late start, a housecoat, a coffee and some blog and book reading. I think a haircut is in there somewhere too, and maybe if the weather cooperates a bbq. If not, I have a pack of ribs in the freezer that will do just dandy in the crockpot. Rain or shine I'm going to enjoy every moment of the weekend.
So what are your favorite moments that blessed you and lifted your spirit this week? If you do a post, please link up and then enjoy visiting the other participants.