Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's Friday so that means it's time to look over your week and find those five things that stood out to you as a favorite. If you need the details you can go here, then come on back and join in!
1. Saying "Farewell" to grade 12.
How on earth do they grow up so darn fast? But it was with much pride and joy we watched our second child, the only son, receive his diploma. Doesn't he look handsome in his graduation duds? Congrats, J.!
2. Mother's Day. Hubby and I are pretty blessed in that we still have both our Mom's around to honor on this day. What a joy to have a special dinner with the both of them. The only thing that could have made it more perfect was having K. home but alas, it couldn't happen.
3. Sunshine and warmth. After weeks of extreme wind, snow/rain and greyness, yesterday and today were darn right beautiful. A few grey clouds dotting the blue sky but warm sunshine definitely winning out. I even had to put sunscreen on the younger toddlers. Ahhhhh.
By the way, did you know there is two different ways to spell grey? There is grey and gray. The UK version is grey whereas in parts of the states it is gray. Being from Canada, we adopt the UK's version and spell it grey. How do you spell it?
4. Reading. I've finished another book. I can't believe how fast I'm reading this year so far. I have finished 19 books this year. Definitely a record for me. You can see what I've read so far here. I think I just happen to be hitting on some great reads this year and so it's easy to go through them. I now I can hardly wait to get to this book that I received for Mother's Day. I just have to get through some review books and I'm determined to get through my Spring Reading Thing list and then this will be my summer read.
5. Renee's Tangerine and Lime Dressing. Oh my word, this stuff is so fresh and light and good! I made a salad of spinach leaves, thin sliced onions and chunky walnut meats and yum, yum, yum.
What were your favorites from the week? Join us to celebrate those good blessings from the last week.