Hello everyone. Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Join me in taking a look back over our weeks, reflecting on the good and on the blessings and find your five favorites. If you need details you can take a minute and go here and then just join in.
1. This Book. I know I mentioned it yesterday, but it really does have to make my favorites list for the week. I am having trouble putting into words how much I loved this book. It grabbed me from the very first page and didn't let go until the end. The characters were so rich and the emotions it brought out so real. I've really liked the movies Michael Landon jr. has directed and now I love him as an author. Such a good story.
2. Strawberries. One of the ladies in study group brought the most delicious, juicy strawberries. I don't know where they were from, certainly not around here, it hasn't been warm enough, but they were awesome. I love strawberries. Any which way is fine with me. I love them plain, in jam, in sauces, with ice cream or whipped cream and even just half and half cream. But my favorite way? Well, take a lovely whole strawberry, then dip it in sour cream. And it doesn't end there. Now dip it into brown sugar. Oh my word. My mouth waters just thinking of it. The flavors and textures are so complimentary. The sweet & tart of the strawberry, the sour creaminess of the sour cream and the crunch and caramel of the brown sugar. Definitely not low cal, that's for sure, but for a treat, incredible. You can always slice the berries and mix with the sour cream and brown sugar but it doesn't give you the same "mouth feel" as biting through the sugar and then cream and then the berry. Oh my. I have to go buy some strawberries TODAY!
3. Again something I mentioned earlier in the week but the tulips from my Mom's garden that she cut and gave me. My favorite flowers along with peonies. And they are still standing straight and tall and beautiful! In fact, if it's possible, they look even better now, 3 days later than they do in this picture. A splash of spring and color on my mantle!
4. Survivor 2o. Okay, I admit, I like Survivor. Most of the time. Some seasons I've turned it right off. But this season? There are so many twists and turns one can hardly keep up. Some of them have left me laughing right out loud.
5. Family Dinners where all those still at home are present. It struck me tonight what a blessing this is. In this day and age, where shift work prevails and after school activities and evening commitments keep families from eating dinners together we have been blessed that for the most part, we eat most dinners together. I hope it continues on that way. I love all of us sharing the main meal.
What were your favorites this week. Please join us in reflecting back over your week by doing a post and signing on to the Mr. Linky.