Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #82

Hi everyone! It's Fave Five time. Boy this week went fast. It seemed like just yesterday the sink pipes were sitting taken apart on the kitchen floor while I tried to get turkey dinner on the table. What's life without a little excitement?! So if you're ready to roll here we go. If you need the details they are here.

In no particular order:
1. Cooking turkey dinner. In spite of clogged sinks, I really do love cooking turkey dinner. It's comfort cooking for me. It's tradition cooking, it's holiday cooking which means family cooking and to me it's not hard cooking. Except when the sink clogs. Then it becomes, shall we say, interesting cooking. But I really do enjoy it.

2. Even better than cooking turkey dinner, I love eating turkey dinner. One of my favorite meals. Turkey, stuffing, gravy and all the sides. Yummy. I can eat it anytime!

3. Celebrating Resurrection Sunday. Easter Sunday is one of my favorite holidays. I love celebrating the resurrection of Jesus with my church family and then continuing at home with a good meal and my family that I have been blessed with. We attend different fellowships but we still come together in the same spirit of celebration. I'm very thankful for my family, both immediate and extended.

4. An extra long weekend. With Good Friday and then my taking Monday off I had an extra long weekend. It was wonderful. Got lots of reading and relaxing done, and I think I'm pretty sure there was a big bowl of homemade popcorn somewhere in there. On Monday I took my Mom for lunch to a little tea room here in town that neither of us had been too. It wasn't the greatest meal for the price and I probably won't eat there again but the tea was awesome. And time with my Mom was what made it the greatest.

5. Videos like this in my email from a friend. Linda sent me this knowing my heritage is Hungarian. All my blood relatives are still in Hungary. What a blessing it was. I've always wondered what the spiritual temperature of the nation of Hungary is and knowing that they are square in the middle of revival was very exciting. So awesome to see in a former communist country more than 1300 young people get together and do such a dance to the Lord in a public square. I couldn't help but be looking for anyone that would look like my relatives in the crowd of dancers. But what made me smile the most was the little senior granny right in there with them. So cool. And recognizing the location knowing I'd once been there was really neat too. Thanks Linda! Not only was the video a blessing but knowing you thought of me was too!



What were your favorites for the week? If you do a post please sign on to Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit you. Have a great weekend, everyone!

31 comments:

nikkipolani said...

I have to say, Susanne, roomie and I enjoyed that video immensely. What high energy excitement to see about that exciting resurrection Sunday.

Though the turkey/clog event was probably not very fun, I enjoyed reading about it. That's real life in a real family :-)

Willow said...

While the turkey dinner sounds delicious, I know you could have done without the pipe drama. Nevertheless, the most important parts of the day were still there: family and celebration of Resurrection Sunday. I look forward to viewing the video when everyone is awake here!

LivingforGod said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome video! It made me want to dance for Jesus. I enjoyed reading your list. Have a blessed weekend!

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Loved the video, that is so wild to see ALL those people dancing for the Lord! My parents had a MAJOR sink clog over Christmas while trying to get the dinner on the table. I must say it was frustrating! But regardless sounds like you enjoyed Easter!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Well, I did love the video!!

Melissa said...

Your list made me smile. :)

My husband's family is Hungarian, and his aunt still lives there. We hear so much bad news; it's wonderful to see something so positive. Thanks for sharing the video!

Jientje said...

That video was lovely, I loved the energy in it! Cooking and eating and relaxing .... a long weekend and a week that went by in a flash!

Brenda said...

I love the smell of turkey cooking in my house, its a smell that brings back so many wonderful memories and its so warm.

I probably would have done just like you, I would have gone ahead with the dinner even with complications.

(I'll look at the video later when sound is appropriate in my household)

Melli said...

That video is AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE it! (even without a Hungarian background!)

You know... I meant to tell you last week -- My husband spent a Christmas Day unclogging my potato peels from the sink... and then a few years later an EASTER - unclogging EGG SHELLS! (you know - garbage disposals really need to grind stuff smaller!) LOL! Now, if there is ANY question, I put them in the garbage! In BOTH cases is was not a clog right under the sink - but like yours - all the way down in the basement! So... I feel for ya! And I feel for your hubby too!

ellen b said...

So glad you could enjoy that meal in the midst of the clogged pipes!! That video is just awesome. I want to celebrate like that some Easter morning! Yippee for 2 extra weekend days. I've been praying for you Susanne!

Hazel said...

The turkey sounds yummy; and had with family makes the whole thing just wonderful; a 'yummy' event. It always feel so good to be updated with something happy from where we come from. A great weekend to you.

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing, and helping with perspective shifting!

Islandsparrow said...

Oh WOW!! I love that video. I so want to do that!!

I'm going to forward this to my girl - maybe when she gets home from film school she can work on a project like that. Wouldn't that be cool!!

So glad you had a wonderful week Suzanne - thanks so much for hosting FFF and for sharing this video - you made me feel like dancing!

Barbara H. said...

As someone else said, you had all the best elements of Easter Sunday despite the sink clog -- and the clog will make this particular Easter stand out for many years to come, I am sure!

I am glad you had some time off to relax!

Carrie said...

What a great list. All of it! Where do I start? It just sounds as if you had a fabulous week!

Unknown said...

what a nice week! I can't view the video on my work account..something is wrong with it...so I will check it out at home!

Marg said...

I love that video...We went right past that Square when we visited two years ago.
What a testimony.
That's how we should all be excited about Easter.
It's Murphy's law...when you have company.

Lisa notes... said...

Your week sounds so delightful. I definitely love EATING a turkey dinner much more than cooking one, but I'm very thankful that there are cooks out there who will do that part! Now I'm going to watch your video...

Mary said...

Glad I found Friday's Fave Fives! I will become a regular! What a great way to end the week! THANKS!

Jerralea said...

Turkey with stuffing is one of my faves, too - eating it that is. Cooking it, not so much.

Yay for long weekends. Boo for clogged pipes ...

I'll check out that video tonight.

Cathie said...

Thanks for your nice post today! Have a good weekend!

Linda said...

These posts just always lift my spirits Susanne. I love turkey dinner too. Perhaps it's because we don't have it very often. It tastes really good too!!
My husband's grandparents emigrated to the U.S. from Hungary. He will be really excited to see this video. Thanks so much for sharing it.

hrg at Sacred Ruminations said...

When I used to cook, turkey with all the trimmings was one of my favorite meals to share with family. Loved the video ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Karyn said...

Great video! Powerful song. Terrific friend to send it to you.

I agree with you on all points of turkey dinner...cooking, eating, sharing - and the reason for the celebration to begin with.

Glad you had an extra long weekend and the opportunity to spend it with your mom.

Have a good week. Still praying for you.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

That is so exciting about Hungary. Glad you shared that! I just read the best book Christians there during Caescescu's time.

Easter is where the victory is, isn't it?

Yes, your turkey clog story made for great reading. Thanks for keeping us focused on blessings with FFF!

Robin Lambright said...

Cool video, I posted it to my FB! I love the elderly folks shaken'it right along with all the yungen's

Blessings
R

Laura said...

LOVE that video! I love watching all those "huge" dances on Youtube. Such group coordination, incredible!!

berrypatch said...

The video blew me away. Made me tear up and everything. So exciting to see it. Thanks for sharing!

Bulgy Bear said...

♥ the video ♥ ~Mrs. Quirk

Sandra said...

What a great video, thanks for sharing it with us :)

Enjoyed your list.

the voice of melody said...

The clogging part was surely no fun but I can almost taste that turkey dinner! Mmmm... We went out for brunch on Easter, but there's nothing like a home-cooked meal, especially when it's turkey with all the "fixings".

I'll be praying for the difficult decision that you have to make regarding your job. Hope you have a blessed day!