1. Watching the surprise and joy your child shows when they open their birthday present and knowing you got exactly the right thing. Such was the case with my son's birthday this week. Just watching his face when he opened his birthday card to see some tickets in there go from wondering what they were to excitement when realizing they were tickets to "Mythbusters" coming to the University. Mythbusters is one of his favorite programs and he had no idea two of the guys were coming. He was thrilled. And he was also thrilled to get the complete series to Corner Gas. That is his favorite comedy. If you haven't seen it, it's a hilarious look at life in small town Dog River supposedly situated in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Anyway both gifts were a huge hit! I just can't believe he is 18 years old. I'm still trying to swallow that one.
2. This meme started by Melissa at Breath of Life. It's called "The Week in Words" and it's all about quotes taken from what you've read during the week. I love quotes and actually keep a book where I write down favorite quotes as I come acrosse them. So you might just say I'm having a good time to read through all the participants entries.
3. This recipe. Okay I missed a food entry last week and you had to know I just couldn't possibly do that twice in a row. I made this last night and oh yum, everybody loved it. It's easy, tasty and has no ingrediants I had to go running to the grocery for. It's a definite keeper for our family. The only thing I did any different was instead of store bought italian seasoned bread crumbs was to make it myself by using plain breadcrumbs (I make my own), with 1 tsp. italian seasoning & 1/8 tsp. garlic powder.
4. Orange juice. Simple, tasty, refreshing orange juice. It's just been tasting so good lately.
5. Watching my niece play basketball. I had the opportunity to go and watch my 10 year old niece play basketball. It was fun watching her. Oh the memories as it took me back to my oldest when she first started at that age. And oh, how I miss going to watch her! So it was a lot of fun to have this moment to cheer my niece on.
So those were my five. What was your favorites? If you do a post, please link that post on Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit!