Hello everyone! How was the first week of the year? Did it start off with a bang or did you ease into it slowly? Can you remember five of your favorite things from the first week of the new decade? If you are just starting off with us, welcome. This a great exercise to start off the new year and then continue with, even on the harder weeks. To me it shows us that there really are good things, things we are blessed with, even in the midst of hardship, no matter how small they may be. And it shows us the big blessings of God in our lives too. Join in, if you need details or would just like to reread the guidelines, they are here.
So on we go.
1. Christmas packed away. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and all the paraphenelia that goes with it. But when January hits, I am ready to have my home back to normal, such as it is. I'm very happy to report that all the packing away went smoothly and I was able to get it all done within a couple of afternoons. And I even managed to get tough with myself and put a couple of things into the give away box. Yipee.
2. Reader's Wrap. I love this thing. It's basically a loooong rectangle made of the softest fuzzy material and it goes over your shoulders like a big 'ole shawl. My sister gave it to me for Christmas and I have used it constantly while watching tv or sitting reading. Perfect for the cold nights and days we've been having. It has especially felt lovely the last couple of day's as I haven't felt too good and just couldn't shake feeling cold. Mine's like the picture except it's beige with a leopard print edging. So cozy. And no, the cute girl in the pic is not me.
3. Costco chicken pie. Oh my word, I love this stuff. It's full of big chunks of chicken and veggies. No trying to guess what that puny lump may be in the gravy. With Costco's everything is identifiable. LOL. And it tastes good. No preservative taste. Great for an easy meal along with a salad.
4. Spending my Chapters gift card. Chapters is our huge bookstore chain that has a Starbuck's corner. One of my dayhome kidlets blessed me with a gift certificate and I thoroughly enjoyed my few hours of having a coffee with a dear friend and then wandering the store with her chatting about all the books we were finding. It was hard to pick but I finally settled on the one I went for: The Silent Gift by Michael Landon Jr. (I linked at amazon because I have no idea why it's not in Chapters online store). I'll be starting that as soon as I get through my library stack. I also had enough to get a sweet pack of blank note cards. I love me some nice stationary.
5. Fridays. Ah yes, I am so glad it is Friday. A week off is really great but oh that week going back to work is tough. And twice as hard when I'm not feeling the greatest. So I'm glad it's the end of the work week. That means a pretty easy going day in dayhome with a movie afternoon complete with lots of popcorn. Then it's relax time. Tomorrow I'm off with another friend to spend another gift certificate from my son, this time to Winner's which is like a T.J. Maxx. I think. I've never been to T.J. Maxx but the commercials make it look the same. LOL. Anyway, hopefully I'll score a really great deal there.
So what were your favorites for the week? If you've done a FFF post, please link onto Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit you.