Saturday, November 07, 2009

Photo Hunt ~ Veteren's/Military

This week's photo hunt theme is Veteran's/Military. I just didn't have time to go out and get the picture I wanted but I got this shot the other day when I was at the lake. I have no idea who the couple is. But the picture of it really struck me. The cannon from WWII (I think) and then them sitting there in such peace obviously enjoying each other's company. It reminded me of how we are in peace and have freedom because others have given their lives and fought for that. It also reminded me that there are service men and women who, at this moment are away from their loved ones, serving their countries in varied capacities, whether in war or trying to maintain peace for others. Thank you to all our service men and women and the veterans!


For more Photo Hunt go here.

22 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Peace and Freedom. I enjoyed reading you post today!

Lisa said...

I enjoyed your story as much as the photo.

Sandra said...

I really enjoyed your post Susanne and I love the photo :)

Teena in Toronto said...

What a lovely pic!

Thanks for the visit :)

moonstar said...

This one is really good. A time to reflect good deeds. My picture is about the military parade yearly done by the Cadets of different schools here in our place.

YTSL said...

Great photo! Conflict and happiness side by side...

Kari said...

lovely photo and such true words.

Surfie said...

A perfect photo for today's PhotoHunt! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

the voice of melody said...

A picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case I would say it's worth even more.

I just caught up on your last few days and read your post about having to make a decision regarding your job. You are doing the right thing by taking it to the Lord. Paths open up at the right time and doors close also at the right time. You will be in my prayers Susanne.

Sending love and hugs to you!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful photo Susanne!

Carver said...

That is a very moving shot. Great post.

Alice Audrey said...

It's a very powerful shot.

Faith said...

Peace. Freedom. Bravery. All words I think of when I see those cannons. GREAT pic.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Great photo - your picture tells the story.

marta said...

Excellent and poignant post. Thanks for the visit.

Barbara H. said...

Good thoughts, Susanne. I don't think I would have caught that -- the vision of peace next to an instrument of war, the one made possible by the other.

PastormacsAnn said...

Wow Susanne, what a terrific photo and so appropriate for The Hunt this weekend.

We do take our freedoms for granted. It is good to remember that we have brave men/women to thank for their sacrifice.

jmb said...

Great photo for this theme.
Happy weekend and thanks for the visit.

Liz Hinds said...

A very lovely photo and apt words.

Yami said...

We should give thanks to the men and women who are willing to sacrifice to achieve peace.

CherryPie said...

That is such a lovely photograph :-)

Irene said...

That's a very nice photo. Thanks for dropping by last week, was too occupied until no time to drop you a visit.