Welcome everybody! Wow, are we getting close to the end of November aren't we? I'm going to have to work on changing the button again pretty soon. Anyway, thanks for sticking around and playing along for all this time. If you are new, you can go here if you need details, then just join right in.
1. Invitation only shopping. There are a few stores around here that have an evening where it's invitation only shopping on an evening before Christmas. They are a lot of fun. There is usually lots of snacks, and door prizes and scratch and saves handed out at the door. A few friends and I went to one at a Home Hardware store that happens to have a really, really nice decorating section. It was lots of fun. Lots of fun Christmas items. Unfortunately, I didn't scratch the 50% off, but oh well, I got a couple of cute things.
2. A night out with friends. After the shopping what else can one do but stop somewhere on the way home for a coffee and more snacks. Too fun! And totally a destresser.
3. Deep fried mushrooms. Oh my word. So, so yummy. Only a once in awhile treat though as they are not too terribly healthy. Nice big mushrooms dipped in a coating and deep fried. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I had to borrow a picture. But mine pretty much looked just like this.
4. A devotional that really hits home and speaks to me right where I am. I'm not really a regular devotional reader. I go in spurts and waves with them. But I ablsolutely love it when I hit upon one where almost every devotional in it just hits me right where I need it. I am in just such a one now. "The Love as a Way of Life Devotional". So good. For example a quote out of today's devotion: "People notice when we are patient...because it is so much more common to show impatience" and "When we are noisy and when we are hurried, we are incapable of intimacy-deep, complex, personal relationships". You know how you know something sorta in your head but sometimes it just hits you right in the heart and then change can come. These two sentences were awful profound to me today. And that's what this whole devotional has been doing for me at this time. Love it.
5. Slow Cookers. I love cooking with slow cookers. I've used mine 2 or 3 times already in the last week. I find cooking in them so easy, and some of my favorite foods come out of them. Stews, soups, tough old cheap roasts come out fork tender. And I love the throw it in and forget about it aspect. Since I'm into forgetting lately, it comes in darn right handy.
What are your favorites for the week? What has touched your heart? If you do a post, please sign onto Mr. Linky so we can come and visit you.