Time for another week of randomness with Linda, affectionately known as "Lid". Head over to her place to get the scoop and join in!
1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher. My favorite teacher was Mr. Huxley. He was my math teacher during junior high, from grade 7 - grade 10. Nobody ever got the same subject teacher for 3 years in a row, but for some reason I got Mr. Huxley all three years. He made me really enjoy math during those years. Which is a huge feat, let me tell you!
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life. Wow. A huge question. There are so many huge moments that make me who I am today. Times through school, graduation, marriage, having children. All changed me but I'd have to say the one moment that totally was the most pivotal and made my life turn totally around was accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Nothing has changed my life more. In fact, when I think where I might be if that event had not occured, it sort of scares me.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke? I love all colors but I'd have to say greens are my absolute favorites if you're pinning me into naming one. Especially grey-greens like olives and sages. Why? I think it's because I find them relaxing and they are prevelant in nature and nature always makes me feels closer to God. Yeah, that's it.
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older? I don't want to be going out somewhere every night like I used to. In fact, I'm starting to really become a home body in the evenings.
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you? No, and zipping my lips now.
6. What's your favorite musical? Other than the Sound of Music which I absolutely love I'm going to say the Pirates of Penzance. And especially as done on the in the 1980's movie with Linda Ronstadt, Rex Smith, Kevin Kline and Angela Lansbury. It's silly, it's witty and a fun story. And my hubby and the kids hate it. LOL. So it's an idulgence I partake in by myself when the mood strikes unless I can find someone else to
put up with it share it with. In this clip I found, Frederic has just resigned himself to the fact he has to side with the pirates, this after coming to seek his revenge on them and get rid of them, but the pirate king and his former nanny turned pirate tricked him into believing he still owed them so many years of service.
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse? Sort of in between. I love visiting the big city but wouldn't want to live there. And I love the thought of living in the country where it is more peaceful and you can actually see the skies at night, but I don't know if I could stand being removed from others in that sense. I guess I like where I am. In between.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn. I might think that, but I wouldn't actually say it. I would be gracious and appreciate the fact that they thought I would like it and took the time and money to try to bless me.
"This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right? Uhm, I'm not sure. I sure don't text when I'm driving. I don't do walking videos so I can't text there. I don't know. While trying to cook. That's not crazy, is it? Is it?
10. "It's not a party unless _______." There is chips. I know. I really know how to live it up!
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available. Around here it is rare to get stuck in traffic. So in a waiting room with no magazines, I would probably just people watch. Or text with my girl who lives away from home. That is providing she was available. But if I know I'm going somewhere with a waiting room I usually have a book with me. Man, this dozen is really pointing out how incredibly boring I am. LOL.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you? I hope so.